1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Totally confused about my sexuality...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by confusedworth13, Sep 6, 2015.

1. confusedworth13

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    OK, so heres a little background information on me. Im 19, female, single, a virgin, never been in a relationship and utterly confused. Im not a girlie girl, I play softball (stereotype, I know), ride longboards. I typically wear skinny jeans, a t-shirt and some converse or vans (boots in the winter) Im definitely not "butch" but I'm not a "femme" either, maybe somewhere in the middle.

So Im not sure if Im straight, gay, bisexual, pansexual or whatever. All I know is that I fond both sexes attractive but I don't know what type of attraction it is. The males I currently find attractive are Adam Levine and Zachary Levi. Of course when I come across a man with a great body or attractive face or personality I find them attractive also. The women I currently find attractive are Olivia Wilde, Nicole Da Silva, Mandy Musgrave, Ruby Rose and more recently Tori Kelly. I know I find more women attractive at the moment but as I said I don't know what type of attraction it is. I don't have any crushes on people I actually interact with right now, I did find this girl in my math class over summer cute but thats it.

I also love shows with gay characters. Orange is the New Black, Wentworth (Franky is so hot) South of Nowhere, The L Word, well you get the point.

Ive had a couple dreams where I was making out with Olivia Wilde and one with Mandy Musgrave. I don't know what these mean as they were only dreams...

I think my biggest thing is that Im attracted to the persons personality, thats the most important thing for me. I don't know how that would come into play with gender since Ive never been in a relationship. I have kissed 2 boys and felt nothing with either of them, but we were only playing truth or dare so its not like I actually liked them, I have never kissed a girl.

If I were gay I know that my family and friends would have absolutely no problem with it so I'm not afraid of coming out. I haven't discussed this with anyone other than my mom an little. I told her pretty much that I'm attracted to personality, and when my grandma asks me if Im gay I always so no because Im so confused.

Well thats everything, any help would be so so so appreciated, I just need help

2. myself123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello.
    I am not the most sorted person at the moment, but I can try sharing my views.
    Well, you say that personality plays a role as to whom you get attracted to right now.. that's alright. I would suggest more to depend on real life situations to see and gauge whom you are attracted to. Crushes on celebrities and fictional characters are awesome, but that could range from admiration, idolization or something along those lines so relying on day to day activities helps one understand better. See whom you get emotionally and or physically drawn to. So when you do talk and interact with girls/guys, you would get an idea whom you find an emotional connect and physical connect with.
    Hope that helped :slight_smile:

3. HeartAmelia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi confusedworth,
    I'm not the best at giving advice, but I'm going to try. First let me say that labels aren't necessary, and sexual orientation is fluid, so don't stress about finding out what you are and sticking to it.
    I agree with the post above that you should pay attention to who in your life you're emotionally and/or sexually attached to. Celebrities are great, but sometimes it's hard to pinpoint your affection towards them.
    Hope I helped xx