1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women Bisexuals = high sex drive?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by rachael1954, Sep 7, 2015.

1. rachael1954

Maybe I should stop obsessing if I'm bi or lez, but either way I can't stop researching the heck out of myself.

Anyway, came across this nugget. So, for you bi/questioning women out there, do you feel you have a higher-than-average sex drive? I'm just curious! And what exactly constitutes a high sex drive?

(And because I can't help but talk about ME: I find for myself, I am a terrible flirt but before I got married to a man I told him I didn't want sex all the time. But when I'm with a girl I want to rip her clothes off and ravish her all the time. Maybe just because i'm in love/lust with her at the moment? More food for my own digestion.)

Here's the BBC study:

The whole article is here:

BBC - Science & Nature - Sex ID - Study Results

#1 rachael1954, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  2. Lyana

That is way too easy a generalization. Even if it was true that bisexual women have a higher sex drive, it wouldn't say anything about your sexuality, Rachael. You're an individual, not a statistic. I don't think focusing on this kind of study will help you figure yourself out.

As a bi woman, I have no clue how high my sex drive is compared to other people's. Much lower than, say, my straight ex-roommate's. Yet still healthy. Yup.

3. rachael1954

Thanks Lyana, I need to stay off google and stick to EC!

4. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I feel turned on all the time. Maybe that's why I think I'm bisexual.

5. CapColors

I've read that study before. For me it has a ring of truth: When my sex drive is up, I want EVERYONE.

I consider myself bi now (but didn't in the past) because my sex drive is elevated due to middle age or my life course. Basically, my sex drive got high enough that feelings of attraction that seemed incidental before now seem monumental. A switch has been thrown, and I'm like :confused: to the world.

I don't know if when my sex drive falls, I'll slip back into a more heterosexual orientation. I kind of doubt it, now that I've flipped the switch.

6. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Mine is very low, well, maybe not. Maybe in not a good one for this question. I never want sec with my husband, could never have sex woth a man for the rest of my life and be happy, I don't masturbate, either. I do think my drive is unusually low. I do have huge desire to kiss and be close, but not really much else.

I think these studies have a lot of things that aren't necessarily avowed for and don't think they could be used to determine sexuality