1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My romantic orientation is constantly changing??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by grungeteen, Sep 7, 2015.

1. grungeteen

I'm so confused. How I feel about which gender (female and male) I would like to be with in a relationship keeps changing on a daily basis. A lot of the time, I feel like I'd only want a relationship with a girl and then once I see these cute heterosexual couples (like Bay and Emmetfrom Switched and birth) it gives me a feeling of longing having a relationship like that. And then sometimes, I feel like I would rather not have a relationship at all as I don't like that feeling of 'love' it makes me feel all emotional and vulnerable and I hate it, even when it feels good, it's so distracting and it hurts, I just both hate and love being emotionally attached to people. I just broke up with my boyfriend after I realized I would prefer and be a lot more comfortable with being with a girl, sometimes I feel like I made the right choice, other times I dont. And sometimes I feel like I'm wrong with my attraction to girls because I've never had a full blown crush on one and at the moment, at school, there isn't really any im particularly attracted to (there is this one lesbian girl but she doesn't know I exist) is it just that im really picky or I just haven't found the right girl?

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know, but I feel the same way. You could just be sexually fluid, or confused. Are you attracted to female celebrities? Female characters? Do you fantasize about women? There's a lot of fluidity in the word "bisexual". Also your attraction to girls isn't invalid, I've never had a real crush on a boy. Sometimes attraction shifts, and that doesn't mean you were wrong about your sexuality.

3. myself123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey grungeteen.
    I completely understand about you admiring and loving and wanting to be like the couples you see on tv/movies, but looking upto someone or wanting to be like them is a different thing. The idea would seem endearing, to be like them, however, in real life, it doesnt necessarily reflect the same dynamics. So, in your case, it would help if you rely on real life situations and day to day interactions with girls/guys to see how you feel. It would give you a better sense as to whom, in real life you are attracted to.