1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I'm madly in love with my best friend

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by breezy12, Sep 9, 2015.

1. breezy12

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I had always been attracted to guys up until I met my best friend about a year and a half ago. At first it was just friendship until one day, it was way more than that. Nothing has ever happened between us, but I just know that I'm in love with her and I can't stop myself. We're both very feminine and somewhat popular. It's just something about her that makes me go crazy. I love her smile, her laugh, her face, her brain, everything. We are extremely similar and often times get mistaken as sisters which kind of freaks me out because I think she's incredibly beautiful and I don't really think of myself that way necessarily. I don't really know what my point is other than I'm in love with my (who I think is straight) best friend and need advice on how to get over her and still maintain our tight friendship. If anyone has similar stories or any advice please share! :slight_smile:

2. mrbuddha123

mrbuddha123 Guest

Hi breezy12, although I'm a gay man, I think I can lend some useful advice on this as your story is nearly identical to mine :icon_wink Basically, I'm really into my friend at work, but initially it just felt like friendship and nothing more, but within the last year we've worked with each other more and more and I feel that the more I work with him the more I'm attracted to him. His smile, his laugh, his whole personality I love, but I think he's straight :icon_sad:

He might not be straight, just like your friend might not be straight, but to answer your question on how to get over her and maintain such a good relationship, what I suggest is to try (and I know that it's hard) to accept that she probably is straight and might not feel the same way towards you. I guess you could tell her how you feel about her, but personally I wouldn't unless she gives you clearer signs, like touching you maybe or acting quite intimate with you in a more-than-a-friend way.

Just like my friend at work, I really like him and would like to get so much closer to him but I don't wanna ruin a good friendship by acting on cloudy signs. At the end of the day, it's up to you and I'd definitely encourage you to go with your instinct but beware, she might not feel the same, just like my friend might not as well.

Keep the friendship as it is unless she gives you clear signs otherwise. It'll be hard, but I'd definitely say it's for the best :icon_wink

Kind Regards,

mrbuddha123 (&&&)

3. breezy12

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you!! Yeah I will probably just shove my feelings aside, because although I do have very strong feelings for her, I guess I'd rather have her in my life as a friend than to tell her about my feelings and have our friendship be ruined