1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you be sure of your sexuality without being in a relationship/kissing anyone?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Gleek99, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I think I'm gay (or at least bi), but I've never even kissed anyone and only been in one (online) relationship (with a guy) that lasted 4-5 months.. so.. I'm just wondering if anyone knew for sure before they did anything with the same gender? (relationship, kissing, holding hands, etc.)

Thx for ur feedback in advance :smilewave

2. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Given your age (16) I'd say you are in the explore and discover phase of your life. My advice, forget the labels, go with the flow and see what the tide (ocean tide) brings in. There might be a really cute guy out there. Just be nice and happy, people will come to you.

Later

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out at 16 and didn't have my first proper kiss until I was 20. My sexuality wasn't in any doubt in the meantime.

4. heyKittie

I just realized that I am bisexual, and I am 14, and have never had a relationship or been kissed. But some people don't figure it it out until they are an older teen, or young adult. But its completely possible for you to know, just don't be too quick to assume or label yourself. Good luck :slight_smile:

5. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Short answer- yes.

Slightly longer elaboration- yes for sure. You don't need to have previous relationship experience to know what you want and who you're attracted to. As a personal example I know for sure that I'm attracted to women and I've never been in a relationship or slept with anyone before.

Yes some people do explore/figure stuff out/realize things during relationships or after kissing or sleeping with others, but it's different for everyone.

6. Chicagoblue

I'd kinda go with what Brainwashed proffers. And, try to spend more time with real people (gay, bi, straight) than you do online.:icon_bigg

7. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks everyone for your replies! :slight_smile:

Chicagoblue,

I do try to spend time with real people and it's hard because I do have friends at school but I'm not very close with any of them because I'm shy :/ and I'm trying to work on that :wink: I met my ex online bf on a mine craft server XD then we became friends on Skype and then it went on from there. I did feel really uncomfortable calling him my boyfriend and stuff.. but yeah..

Thanks again for the helpful replies :wink:

8. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, you can be.

I don't need to have kissed anyone to know I'm attracted to guys only. I think I have mentioned this in a previous post, the answers lay within. You just need to know where to look.