1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joined one of the most popular gay dating apps, was not disappointed :)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by EpicConfusion, Sep 13, 2015.

1. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure what I really expected, but I was very nervous to join a dating site because I've heard a lot of bad stories about them. I was afraid everyone was just going to be looking for hookups or that there were going to be a lot of creepy people. I was also afraid there wouldn't be very many people to talk to in my area because I'm from a small town. I joined mostly to try and make some other gay/bi friends.

The reality is quite different. Funnily enough I was immediately contacted to by two gay guy that I know, so it was nice to have some friendly faces and people to talk with right off the bat. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming and I got tons and tons of messages. There were a few bad apples in there, but I was blown away with how friendly and genuinely nice the people I talked to were. I've actually already made a very good friend, even with having the app less than 24 hours. I'm just really surprised because I kind of expected the site to just be fully of horny guys looking for sex, and that's not what I got at all. It feels really nice to be able to talk to guys I can relate to, especially because I know very few in real life.

2. myself123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey EpicConfusion.
    That's nice to hear... happy for you. Hope you come across nice guys and make new friends :slight_smile:

3. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's good but please remain cautious about those apps. :slight_smile:

4. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea... that's definitely something I need to pay attention to. I'm too quick to trust people and share things. Anything specific I should avoid/ look out for?