1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you tell if a girl is a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by kellynec, Sep 14, 2015.

1. kellynec

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So there's this hot girl in my class who's always been seen with girls only (even tho she only seems to have 3 close girlfriends), I've never seen him with a guy.

She's feminine. So how on earth do I tell if she likes girls or is just asexual, or just isn't ready for a relationship? 100% seriously

Oh and her 3 girlfriends seem to be the exact same way.

#1 kellynec, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  2. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Um girls don't have to hang out with guys all the time just because they're straight. I hang out with only girls most of the time (sometimes the nerdy guys will tag along and we chill with them) and all my best friends are girls (which is the same for them). If anything, her hanging out with girls just makes her more likely to be straight/etc. (though I'm an outlier clearly in this situation but I promise you 80% of my friends are straight) I'd be more worried if she was hanging out with guys.

The only surefire way to know is to ask her, but I'm not sure if that's such a good idea if you want a relationship with her. Just ask her out and see where that goes.

#2 galaxygia, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even if she's into guys, she may not want to be with you, which has exactly the same effect for you as if she was not interested in guys at all.

Try to befriend with her and then ask her out, then you'll know if she reciprocates. Let her know you like her and are into her. I dunno, you can bring her a gift before asking her out too. Like chocolates or a souvenier from where you traveled. If you feel like she gives green light for you to ask her out, do it, and you're done.