1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i thought i was just gay but

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by bassboss, Sep 16, 2015.

1. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I originally thought I only like boys so I'm homosexual but i noticed there's a girl that I like but like I only want to date her and not do or have any sexual intentions at all like just date no sex or anything but with boys I am sexually attracted to

2. random guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i feel the exact way being emotionally attracted to girls but sexually attracted to guys so i dont know how to help

3. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really want to know what I am

4. Kingsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I felt emotionally attracted to certain girls but mostly emotionally and sexually attracted to guys. That's what made me annoyed and I finally accepted I might be gay although I hadn't been in any relationship with both sexes as I sees myself as cold blooded and naturally I'm afraid to be in one and I've no idea why...=.=||

5. mrbuddha123

mrbuddha123 Guest

Hi there, maybe it's because you're just emotionally attracted to her, hence the reason why you only want to date her and do non-sexual things with her. I believe that's entirely possible, even if you do consider yourself gay, as there's no black and white definition of what it means to be gay, however it depends how you feel towards her. You might have a tendency towards being a bisexual, but at the end of the day, if guys are your preference and that's who you feel the most passionate about, despite your emotional connection to that girl, then in imo you could confidently call yourself gay :slight_smile:

6. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if you're looking for the name for it, I believe it is called bi-romantic homosexual.

But as others may point out, there is no research to support a distinction between sexual and romantic attraction. On the other hand, who cares about research when it's your lived experience?