1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

being emotionally attracted to girls but sexually attracted to guys

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by random guy, Sep 16, 2015.

1. random guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    is this normal or have just not met a guy i am emotionally attracted to

2. CPUNerdGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    "Normal" is subjective. If you're asking if it's possible, yes. There are people whose sexual and romantic orientations conflict (and I'm also one of those people, being a homoromantic bisexual).

I mean, maybe you haven't met a guy you're attracted to romantically (I know I'd like to believe this about myself), but if you never fantasize about just kissing boys, or marrying a man, or going on dates with a man, like me, you probably are not romantically attracted to guys.

#2 CPUNerdGirl, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  3. Annevisser1990

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Heey,

I have a pretty strong opinion about this, so feel free to think different about it.

I'm actually sure you just didn't meet the right guy yet and/or having trouble admitting to yourself that you are probably gay. I know this because my brother had the exact same thing; he was totally convinced (he was realllllly sure he was never going to find love because he is as you describe and he was like on the edge of something horrible because he was so convinced never finding love). Now he is a happy guy who totally accepts himself for being a gay man. He came out at 19 years or something and is a pretty manly guy. Later he told me he thinks he just had a lot of trouble accepting himself as gay. Sexual attraction is just the sexuality you have I think.. you can't change how your body reacts to a kind of sex. Your mind is something which can be mislead somehow, even by yourself. I really hope you will hold threw this search for answers and I just hope you will eventually accept yourself as you are!!! Just know that you are totally fine as you are, and if u are gay let yourself feel those romantic feelings towards guys.

4. mallix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    like another posted said, normal is subjective... so it's different for everyone.
    emotions between women can be really intense which sexuality between a man and a women can be intense... i'm assuming that's how you feel.

i'm sure one day you might find a guy that you are emotionally attracted too, it just depends on what you want/need in a relationship.

5. Oh Lilac

It's definitely possible. I'm emotionally attached/attracted to guys, but sexually attracted to women. It makes it confusing for sure, but seems I am missing this self acceptance part.

6. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel the same exact way. I'm sexually attracted to men but I find myself romantically/emotionally attracted to women. What's romantic is subjective, I didn't think I'd ever find guys romantic at first. I slowly realized that I was kinda in denial. The idea of being with another guy who's dominant and loving is kinda romantic. As for my romantic/emotional attraction to women, I think it's just best to go with the flow. I personally believe I'm demisexual with women. If there is a strong romantic/emotional attachment, I MIGHT be interested in sexual intimacy with them. In the end, sexuality is complicated, it isn't black or white.

7. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I'm going through something similar.
    I've only had some little crushes on guys that I thought were crushes but were probably more forced because I thought I should.

I've only been sexually attracted to one girl, who's my friend and I really want to feel romantic attraction towards her but I just don't. It's complicated. Here are my theories for this:
    I still haven't fully accepted my same-sex attractions even though I feel like I have
    I'm afraid of relationships and stuff for some reason
    Or I'm aromantic (don't like this conclusion as much)

But even though I don't have it figured out, I feel like for me at least there are a few different possibilities or explanations for this and maybe it's a combination of meeting the right person and being ready that will make the difference.