1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship Advice?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by tommycee, Sep 17, 2015.

1. tommycee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok so let me explain. I met this guy online almost a week ago. He's really nice and really cute, but I just don't think it's going to work out. He's in California, and I'm in Tennessee, so he's on the other side of the country. For some people that wouldn't be a problem, but the thing is I can't see him because I would have to arrange something and we would have to travel and I just can't do that. For one reason, I'm only 14 so I can't drive to meet him. And also my parents can't know about him (more on that in a sec) so I can't say "hey mom and dad, can you take me to see my boyfriend?" We wouldn't be able to meet in person at all. Also, like I said earlier,my parents can't know because I'm not out to them and don't intend to be until I move out. I've had a close relationship with my parents, my mom in particular, and I just would feel awful about hiding him from them; plus if they ever found out they would get pissed off.

I like him, I really do, but I don't think I can make it work. I don't want to hurt him, he's already telling me he loves me (I doubt he's serious tho) and I feel bad about the whole thing. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

2. myself123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello tommycee.
    I can understand it feels great to meet someone you like online and feel a connect. In your case, its unfortunate that you love far away. I am sure you like each other, but given the circumstances, you could carry on as it is (just virtual), however is this something you would want to pursue? I can understand about you not wanting to hurt him, but not being able to maintain a relationship in the circumstances you describe, in the long run can ultimately lead to a break. So you can explain things to him and make him understand about what you feel.
    If you don't want to lose contact, you can be in regular touch with him, as friends, if that suits both of you.