1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused/just want some support

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by fairlylocal, Sep 19, 2015.

1. fairlylocal

So...I'm planning on maybe, possibly, coming out to my conservative mom sometime this week. Some things:

1. I feel like a disappointment. I've already disappointed her in so many ways that it just makes me feel horrible that she would feel disappointed and angry if she knew. Again.

2. Secondly, not to offend anyone, but I hate being queer and I wish I could be straight. Like, a girl who crushes on boys. It would take a lot of burden and discomfort off my back, you know?

3. Thirdly, I'm most likely homoromantic, but there's a slight possibility that I'm biromantic. Then, I wouldn't have to come out to my mom. Just...gotta keep crushing until I score a guy, right? But I think I'm homoromantic (because I can't imagine myself dating a boy and the mention of a boyfriend makes me uncomfortable - are these plausible grounds to determine sexuality?) and that's why I have to come out to my mom.

I don't know. I just kind of want some support and reassurance. She makes many offhand homophobic comments and I just feel so uncomfortable.

2. mallix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think a lot of people feel the same way you do.. it's easier to be "straight" because no one will judge you, but life isn't that simple.

If you think you should tell your mom, tell her. She will love you regardless and the only person you need to be concerned about being disappointing is yourself. Have the courage to speak your mind, and feel good about it when you do, don't worry about others feelings.