1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

orientation help?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by alexandrite, Sep 20, 2015.

1. alexandrite

hi...I am a 15 (almost 16) year old female and I have been questioning my sexuality since 6th grade. I thought I was straight until then, but then I had a huge crush on a girl in my grade (and I'm still attracted to her). I then thought I was bisexual. around 6 or so months ago, I learned what pansexuality was and since then I thought I was pansexual. recently, I have absolutely no idea what I am. I haven't liked any boys since 8th grade, and I find myself really attracted to girls more than guys. when I think about myself in a relationship, I immediately imagine myself with a girl, but I can also see myself with a guy. when I think about actually having a boyfriend, though, I get...uncomfortable??? this makes me think I'm a lesbian, but I don't feel like a lesbian?? ugh, I don't know. I'm so confused...has anyone had a similar experience? if so, how did you figure out your orientation?

tl;dr: thought I was straight, then bisexual, then pansexual, now I have no clue. does anyone have advice on figuring out your sexuality?

2. Null

I am just like you; since I was a little kid I felt attraction to everyone, but girls had like a "special place" for me.
    I then came to the conclusion I'm pansexual, but romantically I'm more attracted to females. Did you know that romantic and sexual attraction can be different? You may be pansexual (feel sexual attraction to people regardless of gender) and homoromantic (feel romantic attraction to the same gender); but remember, only you can say what labels fits better to you! Discovering your sexuality is a long process, it takes some time to put all the pieces together, don't worry about it.

Also, most pansexual/bisexual people do have preferences. Some may prefer boys a little more, others feel more connection to girls, etc. It doesn't have to be exactly 50/50.

Hope you can figure it out soon! :>

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Null said it well! It's a long process. It takes time. I haven't heard of any ingenius strategies to figure out your sexuality. Fantaisizing about girls and boys and non-binary people, seeing what attracts you and so on, can help a bit.

Best wishes