1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm bisexual...?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by NihonSunset, Sep 24, 2015.

1. NihonSunset

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm not really sure how to write this so I'll be kind of straight forward and hope that I don't make any grievous faux pas. I know for certain that I'm attracted to women, as I've had a quite considerable amount of success with the opposite gender and enjoyed myself every time. Since I like girls I always just assumed I'm straight. Anyway, about a month ago I saw the TV miniseries 'Shogun' from the 1980s, and found myself completely and utterly captivated by Richard Chamberlain. There are some very beautiful girls in that show but I was almost wishing they would get out of the way so I could see more of him. Since then I've been fantasizing pretty frequently about having sex with him, kissing him, falling in love etc and to my surprise I've actually managed to uh, 'pleasure' myself thinking about it. Looking back on it I realised that I've had some of these feelings about other men before but I always shoved it to the back of my mind because I thought, 'I'm not gay, I love women and besides, I'm nothing like the stereotype' but now it seems to me like I might be bisexual... certainly I don't think I'm completely straight - straight guys don't have these thoughts, right?

To sum it all up I'm more than a little confused and any help clearing this up would be great! I'm sure some people must have experienced a similar sort of thing. :help: :slight_smile:

2. YinYang

To me, it definitely sounds like you are bisexual. And that's fine. If you are bisexual, you are bisexual. That's that. But the only person who can label you is you.

3. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're probably bisexual. And fitting a stereotype doesn't matter, so don't worry about that.

4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes...there are in fact so many stereotypes about bisexuality that you can't hope to fit them all!

5. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC NihonSunset :welcome:

Congratulations on coming out to yourself. Based on what you've written, I agree that you are bisexual.

I'm wondering if you feel that being attracting to other guys (that is, being gay or bisexual) is wrong because of parental, religious, or societal messages from early life? This may have caused you to repress your attraction to guys.

You'll probably want to try dating guys at some point to get a sense if you are equally attracted to both sexes or have a preference for one of them. When I came out to myself as bisexual, it took me awhile to get comfortable dating and getting intimate with guys since I had been with women exclusively up until that point. This may happen with you as well, so keep this in mind.

HTH

6. SteveJones

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is only normal you are a little confused right now. But, as previously mentioned on this thread, you probably are bisexual. You should not try to fit in a certain stereotype if that isn't who you are, you should just contemplate on what you do feel you are. Sometimes finding a fitting description for what you're feeling can be hard, you should just try to figure it out yourself, and the best way of doing that is by giving it some time. If you can't find a one-size-fits-all description of how you feel, the Kinsey scale could clear things up a little bit, as it uses a scale, going from exclusively heterosexual, to exclusively homosexual, and everything in between.

7. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations on having the courage to examine your own thoughts and feelings. You may be bisexual, maybe. As previously mentioned you have to decide this for yourself. Take your time, try to enjoy the new attractions and try not to lose sleep over it. Welcome to EC.

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Certainty comes with time. :slight_smile: Allow your mm attractions to sink in and remember that you are just as wonderful as before you realized you had them!

9. Poster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sounds like me two years ago, very relatable.