1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gynoromantic? panromantic? please help

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by curiousshark, Sep 26, 2015.

1. curiousshark

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to identify as a lesbian because I was much more comfortable with the idea of dating girls and flirting with them and cuddling them and kissing them etc

and I came out to my close friends, okay.

but then i think i like this one guy friend of mine
    i mean i think i've liked him for quite a while but never admitted it to myself because i was afraid i'd be liar for claiming to be gay

ahhhh i havent told anyone irl yet (only to my internet friends) so im not sure who to turn to rn.

i'm questioning my romantic orientation. I feel like I'm panromantic because i wouldnt care if the person i loved was of any gender

but the thing that gets me is that i think it would kind of matter in a way because i hve a preference for feminine qualities? im not sure how to explain it but i like feminine guys tbh
    i dnt really like macho men very much.. idk..

so am i panromantic or gynoromantic? how do i explain myself to my friends?

thank you ..

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are generally interested in people regardless of gender, even if you have a preference for feminine qualities, I would call that panromantic. You can be panromantic with a preference for more feminine people, but gyneromantic tends to imply attraction to only women, not just feminine people (though it can be used that way too).

Coming out is hard, especially when you've already come out as something else before, but you don't have to feel like a liar for saying you were gay. That's what you believed when you came out. Maybe your sexuality is fluid and it has changed, or maybe you've just realized that the label was never accurate, but it still doesn't make you a liar. Just tell your friends the truth. Tell them the label you chose, and then tell them you've learned more about yourself and that your old label just doesn't fit you anymore.