1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by grungeteen, Sep 26, 2015.

1. grungeteen

So my best friend is bi and my age. She recently got a boyfriend but it only lasted a day before she told me she dumped him (cuz he was a bit of a d*ck) but then she goes "oh I hate boys, I think I'll just turn into a lesbian".

And this really angers me. You don't CHOOSE to be gay. You DONT just wake up one day and choose to be gay. You don't just DECIDE to TURN into a lesbian. Especially just because you hate men. Being a lesbian isn't because you hate men and she 'turning into' a lesbian because she's had ONE bad experience with a boy just angers me. It just supports that stereotype that lesbians are man-haters and are lesbians just because they hate men and have had bad experiences with them.

I thought since she was bi herself she'd understand.

But I guess not. Grrr

2. Cerith23

People don't always realise the effect their words have on perceptions of LGBT people or on the people they are talking to. Sometimes they are just ignorant, and it's not their fault. Next time explain to her your feelings on the matter and the harmful effect her words could have.

I get irritated by these sorts of things too! :slight_smile: