1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not certain anymore...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by symmetricchic, Sep 27, 2015.

1. symmetricchic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm...how should I put this? I'm in that place again in which nothing is making sense anymore. I don't even know if I like boys or girls or even anything. I just feel like I am yet again unsure of everything. I really wish I had answers but now everything is getting cloudy for me. I don't even know if I even prefer one over the other or if I want nothing at all. Maybe it's because I'm really scared to face the truth...I have no idea...

2. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel the same way sometimes. Sexuality can confusing at times. I think that it could be two things: 1) Either you haven't fully accepted your true sexuality, and/or 2) Sexuality can be fluid. I feel that both of these would apply to me, especially the second. The best thing to do is to explore your sexuality more with other people to see what makes you comfortable. Just remember that for some people sexuality isn't always black or white and can be fluid.

#2 lastking, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  3. symmetricchic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's true. You make a really good point. However, I actually feel scared to even do that and find out the truth. I just feel like fear has a lot to do with it especially and I don't know if I can come to terms with it...

4. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel the same way. I have fear to explore my sexuality and discover the truth. However, I am still in the process of discovering my sexuality. Sometimes the truth hurts, but you have to accept it. If you keep avoiding you fear, it is only going to make things worse.

5. symmetricchic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is very true. I guess I really do have to confront it...I honestly feel like I am at the top of the world's worst roller-coaster and it literally is pausing right before the first and worse plunge. But I do have to face it...This is going to be a whole lot to think about. :icon_eek:

#5 symmetricchic, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  6. symmetricchic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's certainly been a long time since I made this thread but I really thought about things. Thank you lastking for your awesome responses. The truth was...you were absolutely right.

I wasn't just running from the truth, I wasn't sure how to look at sexuality at the time I made the post. I knew what it was for others, but could not apply it to myself. The reason definitely had to do with the horrible situation I was in. I was still in the wrong college and the wrong environment with horrible fake friends. I also had a terrible living situation with parents and a town that was not accepting of many things, but now that I have left it and I will soon fully move out I have really grown. I am ready to admit the truth to myself in that I am most like pansexual. I happen to have fluid stages where I may prefer one gender over the other, so I am opening to it changing yet again and that it is not meant to be static. Sometimes I am attracted more to certain people or genders while sometimes it is more unclear. It's definitely fluid but I definitely know now that I will allow myself to finally explore my sexuality even more and be more open to myself.

Also nice icon of Roxas!

7. WriterArtGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure if this will help, but I wrote out a list of my physical and emotional attractions regarding guys and girls and my thoughts/feels for guys and girls, etc. For me, that really helped clear things up, and even though I did not essentially believe what I had in front of me, it helped me on the road to acceptance.

8. symmetricchic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Thank you! That also sounds really helpful. I'm definitely going to try that tomorrow morning and see what I end up writing down. I think that reflecting more will give me more time to accept myself, especially now when I finally have a a lot more freedom then I ever had before (I just hope I can keep that freedom even if I have to fight for it forever at this point). Once I do this I'll share an idea of what I have or at least really try to come to terms with it. :thumbsup: :bulb: