1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I'm confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Arbiter, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Arbiter

I always thought I was straight but in the last couple of months I became slightly unsure. I have labelled myself as bi curious because that sounds right. I have noticed that one of my friends have a really attractive face and from what I can see of it (I haven't seen him without clothes on) has a good looking body. I have had fantasies about him, kissing and more intimate stuff etc. But I don't find any other guy in my school attractive, only him. I have looked at pictures of guys online and I have concluded that I don't find muscle or body builders attractive at all but I have a a liking for bodies with some muscle definition, thin and fit seems like a better way of describing the ideal man body. The idea of having a relationship with a guy feels so thrilling. I don't want to say I am straight because that doesn't feel right but if I call myself Bisexual I feel like I am lying. Also I have had mini crushes on celebrities such as Asa Butterfield and currently I have a fondness for Dan Howell, I saw a topless picture of Dan and I thought he looked great. So I'm just really confused. Is anyone else going through or have gone through something similar to my situation?

2. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I sort of can relate. Growing up, I always thought I was straight yet I was physically attracted to the male physique in the nude. I just thought it was just an aesthetic attraction because it's how I wanted to look. But then I started having sexual fantasies of men and I slowly accepted I was probably just bicurious, then bisexual. I still feel like I'm probably not bisexual and I should accept that I'm gay. The reason is because I'm mainly attracted to men. However this gets confusing because I do find girls attractive once in a while, however it's rare. So I could just be somewhere on the kinsey scale, a "5", predominately gay, incidentally straight. In the end, it's up to you to see how you label yourself, even though sometimes labels aren't necessary.

#2 lastking, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  3. Lyana

Hey Arbiter,

You mention school, so I'll assume you're fairly young. In that case it's not really surprising that you've assumed you were straight until now -- a lot of people do the same, myself included. If you're attracted to girls, it's so easy to just think you're straight, because people will tend to assume you are... but you aren't, not necessarily.

I discovered my bisexuality when I became strongly attracted to one girl. I developed a huge crush on her, and that one girl was enough for me to figure out that my label would have to be "bisexual." Finding random pictures on the internet hot might help you, but I think your "real-life" attractions are probably more telling. It sounds like you really are attracted to this friend of yours, and that to me indicates a strong probability that you are into guys. Doesn't mean you have to find every guy hot.

Why are you doubting? Why does "bisexual" feel like a lie? Everything in your post seems to point to some interest in guys, so why would saying you're straight be better? What are your feelings about girls?
    There are a few questions to ask yourself when you're questioning, and it seems like you've answered most of them already, namely:
    - Which gender(s) do you see yourself dating?
    - Which gender(s) are you attracted to?
    - Which gender(s) would you like to kiss, maybe even be intimate with?

Also, totally understand the Dan thing... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: