1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I reading more into it?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jellyfish10, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Jellyfish10

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have not come out, but have lots of lesbian friends. One friend I really would love to have as my first girl kiss and maybe more has been sending me lots of mixed signals.

She has always said that I was straight, which kinda hurt my feelings because I feel bisexual. However, I never corrected her because I didn't know how. Yet, sometimes she goes out of her way to touch me lightly and finds opportunities to give me a regular hug (boobs touching...which I LOVE). We have been friends for 10 years, but she is in a relationship and so am I.

About 6 months ago, she bought me a rainbow bracelet...we had an inside joke about Power Ranger bracelets. At first I did not think anything of it, but then when we went to lunch she said we had to wear our bracelets. (She always wears pride jewelry, but this was the first time she had me wear any ...now I am wondering if this was her way to feel me out to see if I would wear pride jewelry). She insisted on driving me and joked about our "date." I found myself having feelings for her that keep coming up and are stronger.

Based on this little bit...do you think I am reading too much into this?

2. CameOutSwinging

I don't think you're reading too much into your own feelings, those are clear. Might you be reading too much into her feelings? Maybe. She could just like joking around with you in that way as a friend. The hardest thing here is that you're both in relationships. Otherwise I would suggest telling her how you feel and seeing what happens.