1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My bestfriend is really irritating me?!!!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by grungeteen, Sep 28, 2015.

1. grungeteen

I don't understand.

My best friend is bi (but I think she has a preference for boys). Even though she's bi, she goes around saying "oh well I'm pretty much gay" and tells people she is gay. it's like, to her, being bi is like the same as being gay but bisexual is its own identity. I feel like she only mentions gay because it'll garner her more attention and it's like she thinks by saying she is gay, she is allowed to be even more offended by gay jokes or insults- but you can be offended and be bi?! I just wish she'd stop telling people she is gay and just be proud to be bi (she only mentions being 'gay' when there are people around??).

Also, what really annoys me is that, she started going out with this boy but when he became a bit of a dick, she told me she's dumping him and she hates boys and she'll just 'turn into a lesbian' like its a choice. She always says like "oh yeah, that's why I 'converted'" like she chose to be bi because she hates boys and it just annoys me that she would want to 'turn into a lesbian' because of a bad experience with a boy- she clearly finds boys sexually and romantically attractive.

The thing is, she is now telling me that when this boy asked her out, she thought it was a joke and she said yes as a joke but when she texted me about it after she just started dating him, she seemed very excited and happy and the opposite of thinking its a joke, if you were to read the texts she sent me, it would be pretty obvious that she didn't think he was kidding or anything. It's like she doesn't want to admit she actually wanted to go out with him and actually said yes.

2. Khaleesix

I kind of do the same thing too. I told all my friends I'm bi, but I'm a 5 on the Kinsey scale. Sometimes I say I'm gay, sometimes I say I'm bi, cause I'm truly both I suppose. (A 5 on the Kinsey scale is mainly gay but incidentally bisexual depending on the person). She might just be confused on whether or not she's bi, or kind of bi, or gay. There's a whole spectrum of sexuality and she's probably somewhere in between gay and bi like myself. And I'll admit, a big reason why I want to date girls more than guys is because a lot of guys are really terrible in relationships and only look for sex and nudes (NOT ALL GUYS). Don't make her label herself, let her change it if she wants. I wasn't always queer, it only really developed a few years ago. It might be the same for her and she might be just trying to figure it out. Let her be her :$

3. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian