1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This might sound like an ignorant question.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Erzulie, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Erzulie

This might sound like a really ignorant question, but I'm trying to be informed and not be!

If someone is for example a trans male, but they identify as a gay does that mean that they are born female, identify as a male, and are also attracted to males? Or do some trans people say that they are gay if they are attracted to the same gender that they were born as?

I would assume it to be the first one, but my old math teacher would say, "that would be making an ass out of u and me"

I hope no one is offended by this question! I've always had love/hate relationship with labels. They're great when we use them to describe a part of ourselves, but terrible when others use them to judge us based on that stereotypical category.

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    A gay trans male is someone who is assigned female at birth, identifies as male and likes males. Correct!

3. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A transguy is a guy, so if he's attracted exclusively to guys, he's gay. A transwoman is a woman, so if she's attracted exclusively to guys, she's straight.

The sexuality label stems off the gender you are, and as transmen are men and transwomen are women, there you go. It's really as simple as that. Hope this helps (*hug*)

#3 Alder, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Yup, you're correct.

However, I have seen people who identify such that they for example have a male body, identifies as female, likes males, and IDs as gay. But most often, it's based on gender not sex.