1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual have to date to know if you have romantic feelings towards a certain gender?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Semtex, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Semtex

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Closeted bisexual. Of sexual desire I have no doubt, but I can say I have only been "in love" with one girlfriend, but the crushes I remember between both genders didn't seem all that different. It's like desiring salt vs sugar but each one not being less intense than the other, at different times. If you are bisexual, is a same sex partner the only way to know if you can fall in love with the same sex? Or do most bisexuals only get really "in love" with one sex or the other?

2. xfinitycomcast

Re: Bisexual have to date to know if you have romantic feelings towards a certain gen

Being bisexual myself, I've only ever had female partners, but I've had (strong) feelings for many men aswell. (Asked a few out and rejected :frowning2: )
    I don't think that it's necessary, but it's definitely a deciding factor in whether you know for sure that you're bi.
    Good luck!

3. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Re: Bisexual have to date to know if you have romantic feelings towards a certain gen

Personally I don't need to date either gender to know whom I'm attracted to but there are definitely people out there who do and that's totally okay. Maybe go on a date with a guy and see how you feel.

4. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

Personally I don't think so. I never dated a girl but I'm pretty sure I'm more romantically attracted to girls than to guys. Mostly because I haven't even developed crushes on guys for a long time & I honestly can't imagine myself in a relationship with one.

5. newyearproblem

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

I am still confused as well. I have had some feelings for this girl before. It was kinda crazy. I had to see her or talk to her everyday or else I would go crazy. We lived in the same dorm so that was kinda easy for me to do. However, I only felt that she was kinda cute but nothing else. I did not feel like she was sexually attractive. I was only attracted to her emotionally.

I had the biggest crush over my roommate last year. At first, I thought he was not good looking or anything. But suddenly, I started to have feelings for him. This time, it was different than the girl I talked about above. I actually started to think he was very attractive and nice. I was not only attracted to his personality but also to his appearance.

Does this help? I am trying to figure out what I am still but I tend to not think about it too much.