1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay so this is probably very petty of me....

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by whww123, Oct 2, 2015.

1. whww123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay so I'm gay. I used to think I was bi up until like 3 years ago and I was dating a girl who I lost my virginity to. Realized I was gay during this time. Bad breakup after dating a year.

Now that you're up to speed, my friends who I haven't been seeing a bunch are having a Halloween party and she's going to it. Like should that bother me even though we haven't dated for a good time now? I feel like that bugs me out because when we were dating, a couple of those friends weren't exactly warm on the idea of us dating and the majority of them are homophobic.

I don't know how to process this. Should I feel how I do or should I brush it off?:eusa_doh:

2. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have every right to feel apprehensive about this situation. It's unclear from your post how your ex-GF feels about you and breakup today. Have you spoken with her since the breakup? Does she know that you are gay? Perhaps you can speak with her at the party and try to get back to amicable terms with her.

It sounds like the majority of your friends are homophobic, which could be problematic once you're out to more people. Why would you want to associate with a crowd that is so homophobic? Or are there some friends who are LGBT friendly?

#2 SiennaFire, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  3. whww123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's a complicated situation yes.
    We have spoken since we broke up and we're on okay terms.
    The people are more so old friends than current friends.
    I've been more so keeping to myself and like 3 real friends (one who is lgbt).
    I'm in the closet, so no she doesn't know.
    Its a whole shitty situation that I know I can't do much about.
    I feel like if I went there it'd cause me more trouble than anything, but I can't help but feel unsettled. :***:

4. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you want to go to this party? I'm getting the sense that you do, but that you are concerned what others might think if you go to the party. Since you seem to be on OK terms with the ex, are you worried about the friends who weren't exactly warm on the idea of your dating? Why do you care what these people think about you? I'm thinking you should go and have a good time and forget what they think about you.

I'm glad that you have 1 LGBT friend. I assume that he or she is the one person you are to? If there's a way to meet other LGBT friends through meetups or LGBT support groups, you may want to meet more gay friends. I've found that having supportive gay friends in my life helps and supports me as a gay man.

#4 SiennaFire, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  5. whww123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't really want to go ahaha. I guess it was just something that bothered me when I saw she was going and I was concerned why I was bothered because it didn't make sense to me. I'm actually out to a person of interest to me. That person and I are going out this weekend, so I'm sure something interesting will happen there. :eusa_danc

6. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cool - glad we could work through this. Good luck on your date (!!)