1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual and confused about my romantic attraction?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by grungeteen, Oct 2, 2015.

1. grungeteen

I'm bi but a few weeks ago I started identifying as homoromantic bisexual to close friends and online. The problem is that I'm not sure if I am homoromantic or I've just mistaken my feelings or something.

I started thinking that I might be homoromantic after I started dating this guy I was really attracted to and had a massive crush on. It felt very weird and wrong and uncomfortable (this confused me so much, he was my first boyfriend and I just couldn't stand being his girlfriend, at the time, I considered the fact that I could be lesbian but that's kind of ruled out as I do find guys hot and sexually attractive). I didn't like admitting to people that we were dating and I just hated the idea of having this boyfriend and calling him my boyfriend. I just don't understand, I have been wanting a bf for ages but when I finally did get one, I hated it?

I then broke up with him because of all of this. I feel right and comfortable with calling myself homoromantic (for now) but I don't know if I am- I've only had this one boyfriend so I don't know whether I'm right to base my feelings on just what happened in this one case. But I don't really have any interest in dating guys at all for now but I would like to date a girl (having a girlfriend and calling someone my girlfriend seems more natural).

I'm just worried that I'm wrong about being homoromantic because I'm basing those feelings on what happened in that one relationship? Ever since I've started identifying as homoromantic, I've noticed that my interest in boys overall (sexually and romantically) have decreased. I once was about 70 percent guys and 30 percent girls but now I'm feeling like 75 percent or more girls and the rest guys.

2. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

I don't think you always gotta have experience to know something about yourself. For example, I haven't fallen for a girl yet, but I know I like girls. Sometimes you just feel it. If the idea of dating guys makes you uncomfortable, it probably means you're homoromantic. Remember, though, that sexuality is fluid :slight_smile:

3. lightsonwater

That's difficult. Maybe you'll figure it out with age and experience - as in, the more people you meet the clearer it will be who you're attracted to. Don't feel like you HAVE to label yourself with such a specific thing now if you're not completely sure (I'm going through the same thing right now, thinking I might be biromantic homosexual, but I don't have enough experience to know for sure, so to anyone who asks I say I'm pansexual and I love who I love regardless of their gender) Sorry if this isn't helpful xxx