1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Everyone

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by el229, Oct 2, 2015.

1. el229

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How often do you experience attraction? (sexual or romantic) not just thinking someone is attractive but like developing a crush on them. Also, how long do your crushes typically last?

2. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you mean an actual crush, not just attraction, for me they normally last around one or two years. Sometimes they'll fade for a while and then come back. When I stop having a crush on one person then it'll only take a month or two before I have a crush on someone else. Although I'm quite young and I didn't have crushes when I was little, so I haven't had very many.
    This isn't including celebrity crushes though. Hope this helped!

3. aussielefty

whats the difference between crush and attraction??

4. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well personally I've always thought of attraction is very temporary. Like looking at a picture of someone on the internet or passing by someone on the street and being attracted to them momentarily or for a day or two; whereas a crush lasts a lot longer. Maybe that's just how I think of it though. :slight_smile:

5. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sexual attraction I don't experience very often, it normally goes hand in hand with a crush. If we're not talking about finding random celebrities good looking then I'll just brush that side of the question off.

Crushes I don't experience too often either. I've had a serious crush on two people in the past four years, and questionable "crushes" that might've just been something else, with a few others. But I'm not going to count those since I'm still not sure what I was feeling anyhow. However crushes for me, legitimate ones, usually last quite a long time. The first one lasted almost three years, the second one one and a half.

#5 Alder, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  6. el229

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you to everyone who responded! I just was wondering since I haven't really had any crushes.

I had what I would consider a crush on my best friend last year, but it only lasted a day, and I haven't had any type of crush on anyone since then. I don't think i have enough information to determine my sexuality, but i honestly doubt that I will have many crushes, since I am well into my teens.

7. Lyana

I experience attraction pretty much daily right now, because I'm dating someone whom I think is hella sexy.
    When single, I'm fairly regularly attracted to people, but I tend to crush hard and seriously, but not very often. I had two crushes in elementary school, one in middle school, one in high school, and one in university, each with increasing seriousness. They tend to last... at least months, usually years for me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thankfully, crushes are pleasant for me, and not something I obsess over.

You're still young, el229, and everyone is different. Maybe you need more time to figure it out. Not having crushes isn't something to worry about.

8. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

For me, daily, since I spend as much time with my doll as possible. I love her so much! :love:

9. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know whether it's my past history at fault or because I just haven't bumped into anyone who triggers any attraction for me so I rarely experience it. Overall I've only experienced sexual and romantic attraction twice, both of which were crushes. The first was back at college and it lasted around 4-5 months, the ending factor was that college was over and I never saw her again. The second being more recent and the crush started around a similar time of 4-5 months ago. I'm not really sure that it has 'ended' but since I don't see them much if at all anymore, I'm trying to get myself over it because there's no point in chasing wind.

10. Van

Van

I find many guys attractive, but develop crushes on just some of them. I've had like 5 or 6 (intense) crushes, and the longest one lasted for about 2,5 years, I think.

As for experiencing attraction - daily.

#10 Van, Oct 3, 2015
  11. jusataqueerhere

Out Status:
    Some people
    I probably develop a crush 1-2 times a year. However, I can hold onto these FOR YEARS. Once I had a crush on a guy that lasted for about 4 years and then he stopped talking to me. What I've learned from that, though, is to just grow some balls and TELL THEM.

12. CapColors

I experience attraction daily, but crushes only about once every 2-3 years. Most of my crushes are harmless and not very sexual (more just "I like making them smile and look forward to seeing them, they are soooo cute, etc.") My crushes usually last 6 months to a year, except in high school/early college where I had about 3 that lasted for 4-5 years.

13. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a crush on the same girl for almost five years now... and she's straight.

I guess I don't get real crushes very often; I'm more likely to find myself attracted to someone I don't really know and care about, lol.

14. YinYang

I have had two real, actual crushes in my life. Three if you count one when I was 7. That one was for a family friend who is 3 years older than me. That lasted a few months. Another was for a guy I had met through an anonymous therapy site. We exchanged emails and What'sApp numbers, then we talked for a couple of months, maybe a year. The problem is, he's in college. That crush is gone now. The last crush was on my best friend, who is straight. Luckily, we're ok and our friendship wasn't hurt in any way, but that crush lasted about 2-3 years, by far the most long-lasting crush I've had.

15. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have had a lot of crushes! They can last anywhere from a few months to a few years. Depending on the intensity of attraction, I sometimes never get over someone, even if it lessens over time, I can still have a relapse every now and then. While others are just a passing attraction.

16. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I've had very few crushes, maybe a couple tiny ones in 6th grade. Now, maybe one but I'm not sure. Attraction I experience more when I'm around a bunch of people I don't know like in the city or around town, but it's very small attraction, so other than that not often. Just here and there.

17. AvatarRachel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Once in a while. They usually last a few months.

18. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How often do you experience attraction? (sexual or romantic) not just thinking someone is attractive but like developing a crush on them.

-Hmm, well I go through phases. Sometimes I'm completely uninteresed and sometimes it's all I ever think about. Damn teenage hormones. :lol:

At the moment, I'm not really interested in anyone. But I did used to have a few short crushes though, except one on this girl that lasted several years and then I found out that she was straight. My other crush who I dated also turned out to be straight.

Also, how long do your crushes typically last?

It varies. Sometimes a few days, months, years, it honestly depends.

19. Spirits

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Attraction : Almost daily? Hot men are everywhere *.*
    Crush : Rarely , cos they're all straight and I'm not ready to live in illusion =.=
    Although sometimes I get a crush on a straight guy-by sometimes I mean like twice or 3 times a year- and it doesn't last for more than few months , unless I'm talking to my crush frequently , which will stretch the period to half a year and could even go up to 2 years.

#19 Spirits, Oct 3, 2015
  20. Mickey 29

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Crushes: typically last around 2 weeks, unless something comes of it.