1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My situation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Random99, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Random99

So, basically, I'm pretty sure that I am gay.

I like men. I am sexually attracted to men. I like the body of men, and I am aroused by them. Women, I don't really know what to describe it as. I feel some sort of connection I think, but not as strong as I feel with men.

I don't think I would want to be with a woman, I would much more prefer a man, but that means accepting my sexuality which is a whole other situation.

I'm in a relationship with a girl. 8 months in, and I told her that I think I am bi a few months back, but I think I am actually gay. I told her I think I am 'more' than bi, but I didn't break up with her yet. I can't really bring myself to doing that, and its probably because of what we have together, not because I am attracted to her.

I kind of feel like if we break up I will be able to better accept my sexuality. I think I want to break up with her, but I cant bring myself to do it.

I feel like if I break up with her or whatever, then I might doubt myself afterwards. "Wait, I'm not gay am I? Why'd I do that?" you know? things like that frighten me, a lot. I want to accept myself but I don't know how.

Any advice would be great :bang: :confused:

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tell her how you feel. Basically, tell her that you just want to be friends, to explore new possibilities. You can still care about her and love her, but it may be more as a sister than a romantic or sexual interest. Tred carefully so you do not hurt her feelings, but you also must express to her exactly how you feel. If it helps, write her a letter.

3. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Random99,

You sound like you are pretty sure that you are gay, but want some extra certainty before breaking up with your GF. Have you taken Chip's masturbation challenge?

Assuming that you are gay, I agree with Linus that you should have a heart-to-heart with her so that you can explore your sexuality with guys.

#3 SiennaFire, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  4. Random99

So, I told her and we're over.

She is obviously sad but she still wants to be my friend - which is a good thing. I can understand her being sad over it and all that so I'm just going to give her time.

I don't know what to do though.. I'm really scared of coming out and what people would say about me, in school and other places. There was this one bisexual kid back in middle school who everyone always avoided and made faces at.. I don't want that to be me..

ugh. this world sucks.