1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I think I'm a Lesbian ...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by questions4ever, Oct 4, 2015.

1. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been trying to figure out my sexuality, and even though I just started questioning it recently, I'm pretty sure I'm lesbian. I just want to know whether people agree. Also on an unrelated note, I think I'm demisexual. Here's my reasoning:

- I've had a few crushes on guys but they were all expected of me (I didn't realize it then, but I do now)
    - these crushed were focused on getting there attention and more of obsessions than anything
    - I recently had a crush on this really sweet girl (unfortunately she's way older than me)
    - I want to actually get to know her and connect with her in a deeper way than I ever have with guys
    - I've noticed that guys are attractive but I've never been like "Ohmygoodness he's so HOT! I want to have babies with him!!"
    - I only think a few guys attractive and find a lot of girls attractive
    - I've only had a couple guy friends in my entire life, I just don't really connect with guys
    - I see myself in a long term relationship with a girl not a guy

So that sounds like a lesbian don't ya think? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

That sounds a lot like me actually, and it sounds a lot like you're definitely into girls more than guys. Only you can decide for certain what label fits you the most, which I know probably isn't the answer you want to hear. But anyway if I had to say, it seems like you're definitely into girls.
    I often had guy crushes where, looking back on them, I was just after their attention more which is why I think I'm not necessarily that into guys. Same with being attracted to guys. I've never had that OH MY GOSH HE'S HOT reaction like you said.

I think if you still aren't sure, just continue being open with yourself about your feelings and attractions and it will become more clear. Don't overthink it too much because that can make it harder to tell. Just go with the flow, and don't put pressure on yourself to come up with a label. Take your time:slight_smile:

3. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

Yeah that sounds to me pretty much more toward the gay side of the spectrum, although I'd suggest you don't be in a rush and just give yourself some time to question and understand :slight_smile: also remember that sexuality is fluid.

4. CanadianGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That sounds similar to me. Ocassionally there will be a guy and I think "Oh, he is good looking," but then I just keep walking and carry on with my day. But there are sooo many girls who I think are pretty that I keep thinking about them. It is rare that I find a man attractive, but the average girl I think it quite pretty. :slight_smile:

And also I think the few guys I was attracted to at the time, I tried to force myself to be attracted to them rather than just letting myself feel whatever I felt naturally.

To me, I think that a lesbian isn't necessarily someone who is 100% exclusively attracted to women, but rather that whatever attraction they happen to feel towards anyone else is irrelevant, because in the end they only want to be with another woman. Like, someone who will never act on any attraction other than the one they feel for other women. But of course that is just my personal opinion.