1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you class me as?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Maiyrhia, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Maiyrhia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm aware that labels don't matter, just be who you are, etc... but I actually like labels. Even if I never use it, I'd like a label for what I am.

I can be friends with anyone, of any gender - I honestly don't think gender matters in any way in almost any part of life.

I do not find men attractive. I can, objectively, rank men on a scale from "He looks okay - neutral" to "Euuuuurgh", but I do not find them attractive. The idea of having sex with a man is disgusting to me, and any thoughts of romance are a massive "Nope" for me.

I do find some women attractive - but while I can safely describe myself as having a crush on a couple of girls, all I have to do is imagine them naked and the attraction fizzles. Trying to imagine myself actually having sex with a woman makes me feel uncomfortable - not to the extent as with men, but uncomfortable nonetheless. I also can't say I really want a relationship - I'm not at all into the kissing/etc fluffy romance stuff, and when I think of long-term relationships, I feel trapped by the idea. I honestly think I'd rather have a bunch of close friends.

Opinions? I currently identify as a lesbian, but I'm suspecting that's less than accurate.

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say you're asexual and a lesbian? It's normal to have some variation in your sexuality, (not wanting a relationship) and if you have crushes on women but not men then you're a lesbian.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm the same, but with guys instead of girls.

I'm fairly certain I'm somewhere between gay and asexual. Definitely asexual, since I have no desire or want of sex... But I do find men attractive... But I wouldn't want a romantic relationship with a man nonetheless.

So I took to calling myself queer, basically.

I think you could go with lesbian or asexual, for labeling's sake.

4. Maiyrhia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks both! It does seem like it's as simple as both lesbian and asexual, doesn't it? Sometimes these things seem rather obvious when spelled out, but it was a mass of confusion for me.

Kodo, it's nice to know I'm not unique. I mean, I knew it wasn't just me, in theory, but having someone else say "Me too" is somewhat of a relief. I'll likely identify as a lesbian for ease of explanation, in general.

Thanks again! :grin: