1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by breezy12, Oct 6, 2015.

1. breezy12

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok, so this is probably your typical falling in love with your best friend story, and let me tell you, it sucks. My best friend and I are super super close. People even think we're dating sometimes, but sadly, we are not. This is due to one minor detail, she is straight. :/ Well at least that's what she says, but as everyone who falls in love with their best friend hopes, I hope she's lying and she's actually madly in love with me too. Anyways, here's my problem. It'd be different if I never felt like she might have a slightest bit of feelings towards me, but I have. At night for instance, we cuddle, a lot. I don't know if that's normal or not? Also when people accuse us of being a couple, she goes with it and doesn't seemed ashamed of it at all. She seems quite happy to be called my girlfriend. But then again, she has said she is straight multiple times, so she must be, right? I also sometimes feel like she is jealous when I talk to other guys, or even other girls sometimes, I think this might be normal for friends though, but I'm not sure. If anyone has a similar story/advice on how to tell if she's really interested without ruining our friendship completely please please let me know. :slight_smile:

2. mouse346

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I can write a reply from the side of the best friend in your story because I was her.
    I was very close friends with my girl for a long time before we eventually got together. We told each other everything. Personally, cuddling at night is not something I do with my friends - but I suppose it would depend on how tactile she is as a person. Is she touchy-feely with other people too? It was at that point when we had spent a night in each others arms that I had to admit to myself that this wasn't a normal friendship.
    I had always identified as straight but definitely for the months before we got together I was massively in denial.. so would keep insisting that I was straight, while all the time trying to ignore the feelings I had. If she had ever asked me how I felt about her I probably would have told her but she was too scared, mainly because she knew I was 'straight'. Eventually it all came to a head and I ended up kissing her as I couldn't help it any more. By that point I was 100% sure she liked me or I would have been too scared. I knew because of how she was with me - she would always go out of her way to help me and find excuses to spend time with me, we couldn't go for more than a couple of hours without speaking, and for me the cuddling thing was it. We'd been for a walk and she took my hand and then I was completely sure.

Does your friend know that you're attracted to women? If she doesn't then maybe that would be a good first step to letting her know you have feelings for her and it might make her think more clearly about her own feelings.

I don't want to give you amy false hope as each situation is different, depends on the person etc and there is always a risk that it could go wrong. But in my own situation it did work out.

3. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I have a story...
    We both identified as straight then. We once had a conversation where she said she could be with a girl if she really loved her, but I said I was straight. We were unnaturally close, we became "sisters" at one point, snuggling and kissing (not the lips) and we did that every time we got to see each other. Many of us suspected we liked each other before we did. Honestly, I would never have said anything. At the time, I was criticizing my non-straightness and I didn't want to ruin our friendship. But she told me she liked me...and now we have been dating for 7.5 months.

There's a risk she doesn't like you back and I don't know if it will be awkward between the two...but there can also be a chance it can turn into sometthing. Just make sure you do want a relationship with her before saying anything because if it's a little tiny crush that will go away soon, then you might not just want to make it awkward for that.

4. breezy12

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Both of your stories are great and I'm so happy for you guys! I wish I had the courage to tell her, but I just feel like it's too much of a risk, at least right now. As of now she doesn't know I have any feelings towards women, well I guess neither do I. She's the only girl I've ever felt this way about. It scares me a lot, the thought of losing her, so I'd much rather hold this in as long as I can and still be her friend than tell her and lose her. But obviously I'd love to tell her and have it work out like you guys. I also wish I had the courage to just kiss her like you did, but I would never be able to do that. As for the cuddling, I have brought it up and she just shrugs it off as if it's the most normal thing ever, but like you said, I don't cuddle with my "friends". I feel like she might have feelings towards me, and sometimes that feeling is strong, like so much to the point where I almost just blurt out, "I'm in love with you" but others, it's like she's so straight that I want to never see her again because it hurts too much. Ugh, sorry for the rant, I just don't know what to do, or how to tell if she's really interested like that or not.