1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender... gay... both?!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by anthonybg, Oct 7, 2015.

1. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

So I recently started noticing that I was a little interested in things typically feminine such as wearing make-up, painting your nails etc. but then again I don't feel like I'm uncomfortable inside my body... or am I? Sometimes I can't tell, sometimes I feel more like the typical masculine guy and sometimes I like acting girly. I wonder what am I really into because it turns out I like all those things and still can't determine exactly who I wanna be.

Can anybody give me some advice?

Thanks! :slight_smile: :icon_redf

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes you're just in the mood to be feminine, sometimes you want to be masculine. That has nothing to do with your gender.

3. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That can be gender fluidity. I can pretty much relate to everything you're saying. As long as you're perfectly comfortable with your body('s gender) I don't think there's any point in stressing out on this matter.

4. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

It's confusing... you know, not knowing what's your true identity

5. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course it's confusing, stressful as well. I'm not sure exactly when I stopped over obsessing my sexuality, but right now I'm happy with who I am and what my attractions mean.

I have a pretty good idea that I'm not a Kinsey 6, but I'm not to any degree, straight either.

#5 Jax12, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  6. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

I'm glad you've found your true self! :slight_smile:

7. scxred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    liking or having an interest in feminine activities does not necessarily make u gender fluid or trans. By that logic feminine transmen or masculine transwomen would not exist (but they do). hobbies and interests are socially constructed for e.g. makeup was commonly worn by men in the past and pink used to be a "boy's color".

8. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being "girly" doesn't make someone a trans woman or genderfluid. As the above person said, hobbies are socially constructed- There are cultures and societies where makeup and dresses do not exist for women- does that mean everyone in those societies are men? And in the old days pink was considered a man's color, did that make those men women? No.

Being a trans woman is mostly about having gender dysphoria- This can mean that you hate your genitals or that you hate not "passing" as a woman or being treated like one in societies. There are trans women that are really masculine looking- short hair, no makeup/dresses, love to use guns, etc. But they're still women.

9. AvatarRachel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You sound kind of genderfluid, bigender or gender neutral to me. Or maybe you're just a feminine male. When you feel girly, do you actually feel like a girl or what?

10. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

Honestly, I'm not really sure what those definitions mean but I'm not feminine at all. I'm just feeling slightly attracted to the idea of wearing mascara, painting your nails etc. But yeah, when I have those moments I like feeling like a girl... Completely.

11. RainDreamer

Well, try to think about what you do. Ask yourself this question: "Am I trying to be a girl, or am I a girl?" There is a certain distinction. Of course, this is not like a precise thing.

12. ImSleepwalking

Out Status:
    A few people
    I would say just feel it out, you don't have to know, just live in your comfort zone and if you find that you feel like you should have a female body you'll know where to take it, and if you feel comfortable as a feminine/masculine male, you'll go that route. I think sometimes when people research they start to question too much from other people's experiences but its your mind that you should really consult.