1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to go from bisexual to Homoflexible or lesbian??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by grungeteen, Oct 8, 2015.

1. grungeteen

So at the moment I identify as a homoromantic bisexual. But I'm still confused af.

I'm starting to think that I may be Homoflexible or lesbian but I don't know. There are times where I'm sure I just want to be with a girl and then there are some times (mostly when I see a really cute heterosexual couple) that I suddenly want what they have.

I've always been very boy crazy but for the past few months (especially in the last month or two) I've felt very little attraction to any boys or men (except for someone like Matt Bomer). And atleast for the moment, I'm sure that I only want a girlfriend and I'm not interested in guys at all.

I would like to identify as Homoflexible or lesbian (lesbian would be more simpler for ppl to understand but Homoflexible is not as extreme lengths and it would be easier for people to take in).

I know that sexuality is fluid and I can always change my label back but then I'm worried that if I keep changing to back at forth, all my friends and ppl will find it weird and probably think that I'm faking it or in a phase? I don't really know the exact word to explain their reaction. But at the same time, I'd like to identify as Homoflexible or lesbian because homoromantic bisexual doesn't seem right anymore (but I'm only openly out as bi, so everyone sees me as bi unless they ask or know me close, then they know I'm also homoromantic).

I havent even told my best friend (who is bi) about my feelings of wanting to just identify as Homoflexible or lesbian because when I have mentioned it in the past, she just gave me this impression of 'I'm pretty sure you're not lesbian' and like she didn't believe me and think I was right. And I don't really talk to any of my other friends about sexuality that much.

I don't know what to do.

2. foxconfessor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you firstly need to stop worrying about what your friends think of you and your orientation - as frustrating as it is to not be believed about something as fundamental as sexuality, what they think of you doesn't change what you are.

They will mature eventually as the years pass and accept who you are, whether that's bi, lesbian or something in between. Who knows, maybe you might even help them develop a more nuanced understanding of these things :slight_smile: