1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinda confused about my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by emmadances, Oct 9, 2015.

1. emmadances

Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm 16, born female, identifying as a girl.
    I have one crush on a woman, no crushes on anyone else ever. I only started to crush on her after 3 years of knowing her, kind of a demisexual thing I think maybe?
    When I see her I get butterflies and can't concentrate when she speaks to me, but I don't think I want to have sex with her.
    I kind of hate the idea of genitals, and I probably don't want to have sex with them. But the thing is I like the idea of kissing and cuddling and affection and making out. I think I want to be in a relationship with someone, because I don't want to be alone. But I am kinda scared that no one would want to be with me if I didn't want to have sex with them. I am quite certain I am romantically attracted to women.
    When I first started questioning my sexuality I thought I was gay but then I realised I don't want to do the things that lesbians do sexually because I find the idea of mouths and genitals very gross. Does that make me asexual? Or just sexually repressed?
    Also I don't think I have ever felt sexual attraction.I'm not even sure what it is.
    By the way I've never had sex before, I've only kissed one person but it was my friend, because we were curious, and whilst I love her platonically in a friend way, I didn't feel anything.
    So I'm very confused right now :frowning2:

#1 emmadances, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  2. YinYang

It sounds like you are on the ace scale. You could be asexual, you could be demisexual and just haven't found someone yet. Either way, you're on the ace scale.

3. emmadances

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

4. Truna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At this age I think it's hard to pin a label down, haha. Still have plenty of time for sexual development and all that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. emmadances

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you :slight_smile: you're absolutely right haha :slight_smile: