1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by imig16, Oct 11, 2015.

1. imig16

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey. I'm new here, so I hope I'm posting in the right place.
    I found this website because I'm trying to work myself out. It's been a while now that I've been suppressing my feelings but it's getting harder to work out what they mean.
    I'm 22 and female. I've had boyfriends and been attracted to men, but have also always been attracted to women. It goes in phases - sometimes I'm more into women than men and vice versa. Right now I'm going through a "women" phase and I'm not sure what this means. I should clarify that I'm still attracted to both sexes in each phase, just one gender more than the other.
    I've always wanted to know what it would be like to date women, but never had the courage to. My mum and gran are very judgemental about homosexual people. Thankfully, they're both not in my life anymore, but my brother is, and he has the same attitude. I'm not sure how my dad would react (I live with my dad and brother).
    This has been going on for a while. Pretty much as long as I can remember, in fact. I've always been more attracted to the female body.
    There are three difficult things though.
    1) I told my female friend about this and she said she has never felt any attraction to women. I guess I always assumed it was something everyone went through (a certain degree of same sex attraction) so I don't know how I feel about that.
    2) Sometimes when I was with my ex boyfriend I used to imagine I was with a woman instead. It kind of made it easier sometimes. Not all the time though.
    3) My ex boyfriend used to tell me, when I admitted I was sexually attracted to women, that I was just "really horny" and I'd "get over it". But I know it's not that. It's more than that.
    I was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar feelings or could offer any advice about this as I'm not sure what it all means. I'm really confused! Thank you for your help.

#1 imig16, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  2. Distant Echo

Oh you have so come to the right place.
    And your ex boyfriend is an idiot...

3. imig16

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you :slight_smile: Does anyone have any thoughts? Anything would be much appreciated! :slight_smile:

4. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well I am no expert, but it sounds to me like you're bisexual, maybe sexually fluid as well. I would recommend at least trying a relationship with a woman, although that may be easier said than done. Especially because of what you said about imagining your boyfriend was female during sex, I would definitely say you're not straight. I would look into sexual fluidity and see if you can relate to that. Good luck! :slight_smile:

5. imig16

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you :slight_smile: