1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do You Think Of HOMOFLEXIBLE ??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by grungeteen, Oct 12, 2015.

1. grungeteen

What do you think of the label 'homoflexible'? Some people doesn't believe it exists or that it's nonesense but what is your view?

I currently identify as homoromantic bisexual but I'm starting to thinking homoflexible is a better word for me (but when people as, I might just say gay to make it simple or something).

2. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's an appropriate word for those who identify as being gay or lesbian, with a few exceptions. However the majority of people don't see it as a valid sexuality.

3. OnceUponADream

Out Status:
    A few people
    I see it as very valid in fact in my heart of hearts its how I identify. I find myself more attracted to women. Though every so often I will feel something for a guy but its not near as deep or as romantic as my feelings for women. Honestly I think there is a lot of people who identify as gay but given the right circumstances could be attracted to someone of the opposite sex. Just as someone who identifies as straight could be attracted to someone of the same sex. I honestly feel that most people are somewhere in between gay and straight. Even the majority of people who identity as a 100% straight, I think even they have a little bit of same sex attraction. Sexuality is complex. I mostly identify as a lesbian but I do feel that I have some circumstantial heterosexual attraction. Point is, you identify however you want to. No one has the right to tell anyone that their identity isn't valid.

#3 OnceUponADream, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  4. YinYang

I think it's a perfectly valid sexuality. To me, it means bisexual with a very strong preference to the same gender and almost no sexual attraction to the opposite gender, but that's just way too long. Homoflexible is a nice word to contain that long explanation.

5. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I view homoflexible and Kinsey 5 as interchangeable, except that homoflexible is a way cooler way of saying it.

6. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Homoflexible is just bi with mostly same sex attraction.

7. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm homoflexible, definitely.

The reason why I don't identify as bisexual with a preference for guys is because I don't feel comfortable being in a relationship with a girl... that's just how I view bisexuality.

8. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know, that's nearly the exact same thing I think I'm feeling, except I couldn't feel really comfortable with a guy. Makes a lot of sense to me, but I'll probably stick with just saying "I'm gay" for the simplicity.

9. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll stick with gay as well, since that's the term that is second down the list, and a term everyone is aware of.

10. waternation

waternation Guest

Yes, I think it is valid. Like others have said, it's a lot shorter than explaining your whole sexuality and people will immediately think you're gay with possibly some exceptions or attractions towards other genders. It's a lot more simple than saying "I'm gay but... *insert about a paragraph here*."

Homo-flexible is just so much shorter and easier imo... I guess some could say it's bi erasure and I kind of understand that too, but having a fairly fluid sexuality myself and knowing what it feels like at times to feel almost no sexual attraction towards guys at all *shrugs* eh. I can understand how homo-flexible would just fit so much better than saying bisexual, or even bisexual with a strong preference. And besides, even if there is attraction there it is a different thing to want to fully act on it, or date someone, so for some it is much much more accurate.

11. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

I think that it's a perfectly valid sexuality as well. I'm still trying to understand myself if I'm lesbian or homoflexible, but in any case I'll go with lesbian when people ask, it's easier and most people don't know/understand the term "homoflexible". It's just a matter of feeling comfortable with yourself, and if homoflexible is the one that you feel fits you best, go for it :slight_smile:

12. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think "heteroflexible" and "homoflexible" are cute plays on words. Yes...way cooler than Kinsey-1/2 or Kinsey 4/5. But homoflexible is also much less precise than Kinsey 4 or Kinsey 5. So if you know you're on the gay side of bisexual, then sure, it's fine. But it's less a sexuality than a cute way of saying "I'm somewhere on the gay side of bisexual".

13. Lipstick Leuger

I like 'somewhere on the gay side of Bisexual' I never really thought of it that way before. But then again, I am an oldster so terms like this are somewhat new to me. LOL

14. fern

Out Status:
    Some people
    i like it :slight_smile: i heard it for the first time sometime in the last few months on this site and have since kind of adopted it when explaining to others how i identify myself.