1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i accept it??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by gbxx33, Oct 12, 2015.

1. gbxx33

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    For now I'm entertaining the idea that I'm bisexual and while it doesn't quite feel right yet, it seems to be the best of the options I have. But I can't stop feeling anxious that it's just a phase and I will turn out to be a lesbian in the end. I am attracted to guys and I don't want this to be true. Is there anything I can do to simply accept bisexuality without continually doubting myself? I thought that once I came up with a label, the anxiety would stop, but it hasn't yet :frowning2:

2. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are a few definitions of bisexual out there so you should do some reading and see if it fits you. It also seems that individual bi folk also have their slightly differing wording they use to describe themselves. A lot of people don't like the term bisexual for different reasons. One being it creates confusion when coming out to loved ones.

I'm also now learning about the many other labels that fall under the bisexual umbrella. Perhaps one of those would better suit you. I like the term bisexual but I'm also considering using the phrase "not straight" as this tells people something accurate about me without the baggage of preconceived notions.

As far as being bisexual or lesbian, either is possible. None of this is as black and white as we would like. You could be a bisexual that leans heavily towards females. But you're asking the questions which is the right thing to be doing.