1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extremely confused. Help?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wanderlust4ever, Oct 14, 2015.

1. wanderlust4ever

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've identified as being in the LGBTQ+ community for over a year now, but I've never identified as anything, I just told people that I have no label because that's what I'm comfortable with. From research though I know that if I had to label myself I would be pansexual. But, not I'm starting to think I'm also grey-asexual. I need advice, I'm so confused. This is the story.

I accepted that I was not straight over a year ago when my best friend (both female) and I started having a thing and I developed feelings for her. I always knew that I wasn't straight, but I never fully accepted it and was okay with telling people until then. Now I don't care, I'll tell anyone that asks because it's who I am. But, if she tried to go further then making out I would stop her, I wasn't comfortable with it. Now I have a boyfriend and he's also tried to go further then just making out and I don't want to. For a long time I thought it was just because I'm a virgin and am just not ready (which honestly im not) but it's more then that, I know it is. Sex doesn't repulse me and I can be turned on (I've masturbated before), but I don't see myself having sex with anyone nor do I want to. I'm attracted to people, to my boyfriend, but I'm not attracted to them to the point that I want to have sex with them. I want cuddles, and hand holding, and kissing, and hugging, and being together, but I don't want to sleep together. So I started researching asexual, demisexual, and grey-aseuxal and I think I'm grey-asexual but I don't know and I don't know how to know. I don't want to start labeling myself and to come out to people if that's not what I am. Also, I learned that there is a difference between pansexual and panromantic. So am I not grey-sexual at all, am I just panromantic? There's so much terminology and I just want to know who I am. Can you be a grey-asexual pansexual or grey-asexual panromantic? Because honestly, I see sex as a way to reproduce, when I want kids and am married I think that I will have sex, but underany other circumstances I don't know I just don't want it. It doesn't appeal to me. Does that make sense? If it doens't I'll try to explain what I'm feeling in a better way. Thank you lovely humans.

2. waternation

waternation Guest

I think what you've described would be panromantic greysexual. I'm not on the asexual spectrum myself though sorry, so I hope there are others who are able to answer with more knowledge on what that feels like :slight_smile: