1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a gay guy and a girl has a crush on me?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ErickWolf, Oct 15, 2015.

1. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think this girl in history class has a crush on me. I don't want to be rude since she's a nice person but I also feel pretty awkward because I'm only into guys. While I'm not quite sure, I think she's flirting because she makes an effort to always say hi to me (like, a lot). How do I deal with this? I'm not too great at dealing with girls. xD

2. Distant Echo

Hi. Hey have you met my friend *cue cute straight guy/girl*

#2 Distant Echo, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  3. lliterallly

Try talking to her about, like, a cute actor or something. Be sure to bring up how hot he is. She may say, "Oh! Are you bi?" To which you reply, "Nah, I'm gay." Maybe you guys can become friends and laugh about this whole situation later on. Good luck!

4. QBear

It's possible that, because your AFAB, but identify as male, she might think you're a butch lesbian.

I'd go ahead and try the whole "talk about a famous male actor and make sure to bring up how hot you think he is" trick. It might be a little weird, because, depending on where you are in your transition (or lack thereof), it might make you appear to be a straight female (rather than a gay male), but hopefully she'll get the drift that you're not interested in her.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

5. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ...Heheh, I used to have the opposite problem all the time. All these straight guys "liking" me when I didn't feel the same way. Never knew how to handle it!

Probably best to just be honest but I don't know... Good luck, it's such a awkward issue!