1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused about my sexuality, need help.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by redhotb, Oct 16, 2015.

1. redhotb

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am a female and i am in a complete state of confusion about my sexuality.

All my life I have found myself becoming attached to girls; im real life, characters in tv shows and celebrities. I far more frequently find this with girls rather than boys, which has me questioning. But it is never been a sexual attraction, more of a strong need to be friends or to just be around them, which is why i am so confused.

I went through a phase a few years ago when i started questioning where i was on the sexuality spectrum, but after a few weeks or months decided to just brush it off and tell myself i was straight.

Only recently I have started thinking about this again, when i started watching the show Orange Is The New Black. I have become so infatuated with the relationship between the two female leads. Which is a sexual and romantic relationship. Is it normal to be straight and want a lesbian couple to be together so badly? I feel as if i may only be questioning my sexuality because of stereotypes and what society has lead me to believe means i am straight, but i am still unsure. Has anyone been through this? I also am unsure whether I do see females secually attractive, as the only time I have is when i have been questioning my sexual orientation.

I'm not sure if this makes sense but it has been taking over my mind and i cant stop worrying about it. Advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. littleraven

It's still okay to want a lesbian couple to be together if you are straight.

3. redhotb

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    thank you, that helps! i just feel confused but i think it may be because im a teenager and it will hopefully become clear soon. but thank you for your help!