1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I am not capable of love :/

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Marty18, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Marty18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Because despite having a loving boyfriend I don't feel in love with him, at least my feelings are different from his :/. I think I don't even feel love towards my family members, I like them very much of corse and I would do everything for them, but I just don't feel that "feeling of love" everyone talks about. The same with "butterflies in a belly" feeling :frowning2:.

Could this be cause by my depression or something else?

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are suffering from depression, that could certainly be a significant factor in what your expressing.

I do think, however, the feeling of love for family is quite different than than the feeling of love for a partner.

There are different types of love. Maybe you have strong feelings for your boyfriend, but they have yet to transcend to love?

3. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not everyone loves their family. And I agree with OnTheHighway that maybe your feelings for your boyfriend haven't fully developed yet.

4. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Caring IS love. You are probably a way too lucid person so your brain is in charge of your body, letting little if any "feelings" (in the way they're explained by most people, you don't necessarily need to feel butterflies to know you're in love) out. Your depression may be another factor that suppresses your chemical responses (I don't even know if that makes sense).

5. Marty18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for answers :slight_smile:.

We have been together for 8 months and our relationship reminds me a rollarcoaster, the mood in it changes so quickly. But I can say that it has been very pleasant for the last 2 weeks. I don't get it, maybe I am really too lucid to admit I could fall in love with someone. When I am with him everything I usually feel is being comfortable and relaxed (while being alone I am depressed). The only emotions I can feel really deep are sadness, lonelyness, frustration and hopelesness, maybe it really has something to do with my depression :/.