1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what's going on with my body

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SoshySheri, Oct 19, 2015.

1. SoshySheri

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I'm a lesbian and I haven't had a period in 7 months, I've been getting a lot of nausea and bloating and mood swings. The nausea was so bad I had to call in sick, My girlfriend came with me to the doctor because I told her Im scared. When the doctor asked how I'm sure that I'm not pregnant I told her I'm a lesbian, she asked two more times if I was sure that I didn't have sex with men and said they were going to run a pregnancy test.

I went for blood tests and I'm scared there's something wrong with me and I'm frustrated with not be taken seriously.

2. YinYang

I'm sure the doctor was just trying to make sure. Maybe the doctor thought you had sex with a man once a while back, but forgot about it or something. I'm sure he/she isn't questioning your sexuality or anything. And I'm sure, whatever happens, you'll be fine (*hug*) It's ok. There's no use in worrying now, there's nothing you can do yet.

3. Really

Have you been stressed about things? Try not to worry until the results come back. It could be something quite simple.

As for the pregnancy, is the doctor crazy? If you were 7 months pregnant, wouldn't you be showing? What a waste of money. Don't pay for that pregnancy test if you don't have to.

4. SoshySheri

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm Canadian, so I don't have to pay, couldn't pick that for , y profile though, I'm a bigger girl I wear a size 14 but I feel like yeah I'd show still, and yeah I don't sleep with men so zero chance

5. waternation

waternation Guest

I agree with what YinYang said, the doctor was probably trying to make sure that they could rule that out as a possibility. Also, I've known quite a few people who have had similar things happen to them with missed periods, my sister included, and that was caused from stress/a high amount of it. Although there might be other causes that I haven't heard of before... I hope that you're okay (*hug*)