1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you be genderfluid and call yourself lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by grungeteen, Oct 19, 2015.

1. grungeteen

So say if I was a Demi-girl or genderfluid (but mostly a female most of the time) and I was attracted to the Same sex, would I be able to call myself a lesbian? Or Homoflexible? Or homoromantic bisexual? Because I know lesbian means you're a girl attracted to girls, but if you're genderfluid but usually a girl, do you still fit into that category and so can you still call yourself one? Same with Homoflexible and homoromantic?

---------- Post added 19th Oct 2015 at 08:53 PM ----------

I know there is gynosexual (in replacement for lesbian) but for some reason, I don't like that label and it just doesn't sound right to me.

So this question is more about homoromantic and Homoflexible.

2. YinYang

If you want to, that's fine. You can label yourself however you want. If I was attracted to girls, I'd probably still identify as homosexual, even though I'm probably agender. But it's your choice. If you want to identify as homo-whatever, go ahead. If you don't, that's ok :slight_smile:

3. Awoken

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am in that situation exactly. I identify with both demigirl and agender and still use the term lesbian. You're forgetting that they don't link up. You can get lesbian men. Got nothing to do with your gender at all so use it all you like :slight_smile:

4. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If only it were as simple as "I like girls," right? Well maybe it is. Idk how much labels matter to you. If you feel comfortable with Lesbian though, call yourself that.

5. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. Unless you live as/plan to live as a guy you can be a lesbian.