1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexuals - do your attractions feel different for males and females?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MarriageVeil, Oct 20, 2015.

1. MarriageVeil

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The attraction I feel towards the two genders are different. I can't really put it into words. When I'm with a cute guy, the crush feels like ''OMG SOOO HOOTTT'' but when I'm with a cute girl it's more like ''damn girl... you cute... lets watch movies and have ice cream together'' and yeah. I know they're both romantic attraction but they feel different and distinct from each other, which is really weird. Do other bisexuals relate to this?

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I feel the same way. With guys it's like stereotypical romantic love or just physical attraction, but with girls I just think about them more and get more butterflies.

3. bi2me

Yes! I'm totally content, happy, and in love with my husband, but it doesn't change that I have desires for women/a woman in my life. I don't have additional desires for men... He seems to be all I need there.

4. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't really notice a difference.

5. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like there's a difference in my attractions to men and women. I don't believe one lessens the value of the other. Like apples and oranges.

6. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, in a way, yeah. When I like a guy, I want him to hold me, but when I like a girl, I want to be the one holding her. Like, I don't mind being the feminine stereotypical girl fallen for a guy, but with a girl that won't work 'cause I wanna be the strong one.

7. littleraven

I'm definitely attracted to them differently.

I explained it to a friend like this:
    "Well I'm still figuring things out, but I'll tell you what I've noticed. -I seem to become romantically attracted to women more than men. -I seem to be sexually aroused more by guys and males even though I don't plan on having sex unless it was to make my partner happy. -I like both male and female bodies for different reasons, though I think I like female bodies more."

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It's usually for different reasons, but not simply based on their sex/gender. It's things they do.

However, one gets major bonus points if they are themselves, regardless of what society expects of them. I love social rebels. Mm...

9. CameOutSwinging

This is where I question if I'm bi or gay or what. My attraction is completely different. I don't actually find women physically attractive at all. I mean, I can admire when a girl is beautiful, but that never translates to me as wanting to have sex with her. When I get to know a girl and have an emotional connection, that is when I can find myself interested. That's the way it has been for me my whole life.

Men, on the other hand, I find completely attractive sexually. But I almost never envisioned having a romantic relationship with a guy. Only twice has it crossed my mind to be about more than just sex - once with a straight guy in college, and more recently with my last FWB.

10. PennyMonkey96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For me it's the same Its just that when it comes to girls I usually fall in love with them. There has to be something there for me to be with them, unlike guys where I can get with any guy I find attractive.

11. ATtappman

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I feel exactly the same way - it always made me feel guilty, like somehow I wasn't being consistent or something... Thanks for the solidarity.

12. pastelwyvern

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm questioning as to whether I'm bi or not, but so far I've noticed that with girls it's more daydreaming of cuddling and simply being in love with each other - like you said, watching movies with ice cream - and it's not as strong as thinking about guys, where it's more thinking about making out or whatnot and they tend to pop into my head more. It's definitely two different types of attraction.

13. littleraven

I can be like that too.

14. DinelodiiGitli

I'm not really bisexual but I am a sort of 'biromantic'.
    So to answer the question sort of but not really.

15. BookWriter1994

hmm, to be honest, I am not really sure if I am bi but with guys all I do is think about them 24/7 and if I do happen to see a really cute guy I would stop to what I was doing and just stare at him and wondered if I should go and try to talk to him.

With girls tho, I have no idea if I am really attracted to them.. I mean, yes they are really beautiful and pretty but I have no idea if I really want to be with one. There were a couple of times when I would see a pretty girl and I would stop and stare for a bit but that's about it tho.