1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is love

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by hiimpaul2014, Oct 21, 2015.

1. hiimpaul2014

Can someone explain what it's like to truly be in love with someone. I'm having difficulty defining it in myself. Tell me a story about love with all the details about what it feels like. Even if it's a long post. I want to use that to help create a definition for mylife.

2. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What it feels like to be in love with someone is most definitely not set in stone. Some people get 'butterflies' while some people don't. Butterflies in your stomach means that you feel nervous and a little nauseous. It is also described by some people to be a 'spark' and you automatically know that you love the person. But the butterflies can be because of exams that you are worried about. The 'spark' is not felt by everyone.

Reference to Oxford Dictionaries love is "A strong feeling of affection". Do you ever feel this way for someone? Like let's say you saw someone you think you like and you feel like you two are meant to be. And you would love to be in a relationship and care about his feelings and love for you. You may also feel warm inside when you think about that person.

Everything may also feel 'heavy'. Some people use the term 'blooming' but the main thing is if you feel like you really want to see this person again you would be so delighted and would look so forward to speak with them. Your chest may feel tight and all you may be thinking of when you see him is what you really like about them and going out with them.

When I first knew what love was I had a short relationship and I felt so in glee to be holding hands with this person and all my difficulties just disappeared. I loved talking with her and I just loved her so much. It was so emotional and I really wanted to see her again. It made me not think about other things. Also recently I went out with a girl I met at a disco and I broke up with her and I miss her so much, I can't get over her. I saw her in the shop and she said 'hi' but I didn't recognize her because she had a different hairstyle and I just copped a little while later. I was so disappointed I didn't say hi back and I don't have her number anymore:frowning2:

That's what I think love feels like. Hopefully you can figure it out.
    Best of Luck,
    TheBiBoy