1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm miserable

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mychemromance99, Oct 22, 2015.

1. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi,
    You must have listened to the 'gay guy falling for straight best friend rant' many times, but it is true and is making me miserable.
    From the beginning,
    I was NOT a normal guy. In school I was the brightest student as well as the misfit. I was never interested in girls particularly, except that I would have loved to be in a romantic relationship. But it never happened.

So two years ago, at the beginning of college I met a guy. We instantly hit it off. We became close to the point where we would laugh at people attempting to talk to us (*eye roll expected). And I fell in love with him. I didnt care whether I was being gay or anything. But I knew that I loved him. So with this realization I simply accepted that I'm gay (wasnt that difficult) and I started being sexually attracted to him.

So a year later I confessed to him. He was shocked at first but he's okay with me loving him. He's straight as an arrow :frowning2:

Now that I am in love with him, I have never felt more alone. I want to be with him not just as a friend but as someone more.
    It depresses me sometimes. I want to date other guys but Im demisexual. Im afraid I will never get over him. We talk a lot and are great friends and are planning at coding together ij the near future.
    I do not want to get over him. Simply I feel like a mindless masochist. A part of me loves being the tragic lover and its pathetic. I an inrrovert and I dont see myself with anyone else. I am depressed for days on a stretch but sometimes I feel as if everything will be alright. I cant help myself......

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ummmmm... Well. I sort of get how you feel, and relationships can be hard. But first, you need to divert your focus. Branch out, and make new friends. You don't have to love them like you do this guy... But then they'll be there for you and maybe he wont b the center of the universe.