1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I mean - what psychology does a gay women have in sexual relating

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ConsciousRose42, Oct 23, 2015.

1. ConsciousRose42

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi
    My past experiences with women were drunken and so to say the least - all
    Over the shop.
    Now I am out ( to some ) and confident but questioning my psychology ...and what it is like for other women - what is 'normal '

I'm not looking to have sexual relating with anyone until at least nxt yr as I've just come out of 4 yr relationship with man . But I am wanting to get this straight in my head .
    When I am romancing a women do I act like a man ? Do I act like a women ? Do I just be me ?
    In the past I have had thoughts of having a penis - but when I search myself I am not trans yet I do and always have felt a bit 'Tom boy ' yet I don't even know what that means ?
    Is it i have male traits ? I feel very confused ... :eusa_doh:

I know fully in myself 'I am a gay women ' and I feel great about it and proud -
    But in terms of sexual relating I feel confused - I don't know what to think ?
    Please help
    All experiences welcome

2. QBear

Okay, so I'm not a gay woman, but I'll take a stab at answering some of your questions.

It's probably best to just be yourself. In the long-term, that's all you can really be. You will probably find that being yourself includes acting in some mixture of both stereotypically male and stereotypically female ways. And that's okay.

Well, many gay women use strap-ons to penetrate their partners, so your thoughts of having a penis are likely totally normal, at least from the perspective of wanting to penetrate a partner.
    The term "tom boy" typically refers to young women who are physically active and "rough and tumble", and not particularly interested in living up to feminine behavior and beauty standards. Being a tomboy doesn't necessarily say anything about your sexuality; tomboys can be straight, bisexual, gay, pansexual, etc.

This illustrates the difference between sex, gender, and sexuality. Sex is your biological sex - eg. Male or female (and also transmale and transfemale). Gender is your prefered mode of behavior and expression - masculine vs. Androgynous vs. Feminine, and can be thought of as a continuum. Sexuality is who you are attracted to: Heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual, queer, pansexual, etc.

It sounds like you are somewhat masculine in your gender expression. And that's okay and normal, and doesn't mean your not a woman. Being a masculine-leaning lesbian woman is totally okay, and fairly common.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

#2 QBear, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  3. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Um...her own?

Yes! Your own. You act like you!

Is it different with a man? Do you think that somehow when romancing a man, we don't act like ourselves, but rather "like a woman" somehow? I mean, yeah, I'm a woman...so acting like me is acting like a woman. But I'm acting like *me*...whether I'm pursuing a man or a woman!

So calm down, be your sweet tomboyish self, and get to wooing when you're ready for it.

If being you is being aggressive, then yes, some women (even those who like tomboyish women) will be turned off. But if being you is being passive and waiting to be pursued, then some *other* women (even those who like tomboyish women) will be turned off. And if being you is being flirty and silly, then some will be turned off. And if being you is...you get the idea, right? You can't please anyone...you can only be yourself.