1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused about my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by pastelwyvern, Oct 23, 2015.

1. pastelwyvern

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All my life I'd considered myself 100% straight and never doubted it, but now I'm having second thoughts. I'm 13 now.

I've started to notice other girls more, and I daydream about my best friend. Not sure if it's a complete crush or not since it's not as strong as crushes on guys I've had in the past, but let's just say I'd be very happy to be her girlfriend.

I wonder if I will continue to like girls in the future or if this is a one-time thing.
    I will say that I've tried referring to myself mentally as bisexual and it feels right, but I've been worrying about if I'm "not bi enough" to call myself bisexual.

I'm fairly sure I'm bisexual at this point, but I'd like some second opinions. Thanks :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 23rd Oct 2015 at 06:15 PM ----------

I just realized this is in the wrong place. Meant to put it in "Sexuality" not "Coming Out" :l

2. itsbrooklyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no such thing as not being bi enough to call yourself bisexual you can like girls and guys 50/50 or 25/75 and so on, if your comfortable in saying you're bisexual go with it or you don't have to go with any labels if you don't want to, if it changes it changes just be you. :slight_smile:

3. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If your feelings and attractions towards girls is substantial to you, I would say it's perfectly fine to call yourself bisexual.

If it helps, you could take some time to explore it and delve more into it before you label anything, but that's totally up to you. You might not even need to think about it that much at all; you seem fairly certain of your bisexuality and at the end of the day you and what you feel and think is what counts the most.

Your attractions might feel a little bit different between genders, and you might have a preference, but neither of that negates bisexuality.

Having a preference doesn't make you more or less bisexual, and having preferences that may change a bit over time doesn't invalidate bisexuality either. If in general you feel like you are interested and attracted to girls as well as guys (and it seems that you are very much interested in your best friend), then it's perfectly alright to call yourself bi.

#3 Alder, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015