1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality seems to change over time?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ava505, Oct 24, 2015.

1. ava505

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone,

For as long as I can remember I've liked girls & at some point along I started to sometimes like guys too. Throughout the past 4-5 years there have been long stretches (a couple months, at least) in which I only really feel attraction to one - so much that I almost can't imagine feeling the other/wonder if I made the other attraction up. There are some periods I've had where I feel like I am interested in both somewhat equally. But for the most part, I feel like I mostly lean towards one. Usually lady folk. I'm definitely there right now - I am just not interested in men in the slightest.

Anyway, has anyone else ever experienced this?

2. MatchAshes

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    you may be homoflexable? its lesser known, and you'd still identify as gay, but it accounts for you're attraction to men.
    other than that i've heard of something called abreosexual where your sexual attraction is in a constant flux, like being abreogendered. you get the picture? so at one point you'd only feel attraction to men, and the next only women, or both, or neither.
    i have a friend who is abreosexual.

3. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm... as far as I know it is common for bisexuals to have fluid sexuality. One day they are attracted to women, the other to men and sometimes to both. There is a reason why so many bisexuals only learn later on in life that they are also attracted to the same or opposite sex, realizing that they are bisexual... people tend to simply identify with the sexual orientation that they have at any specific moment. So while you are technically bisexual, identifying as homosexual or heterosexual is reasonable as you can't really know if or when your sexuality will change again.

4. DinelodiiGitli

Sexuality can be fluid, it's not uncommon.
    Identifying as bi would probably be easiest but that's 100% up to you.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sexual attraction can change (though it is uncommon, and far more nuanced than the above poster implies); sexual orientation cannot.

I do agree with the above poster that bisexuality is likely the most accurate label for you (OP), if you need one to describe yourself. But honestly... labels are for clothes! :slight_smile: You can simply love who you want to, and experience what you wish... and not worry too much about what label works, as long as you are comfortable.

6. alli o

alli o Guest

This is me i feel the exact same way girl

---------- Post added 25th Oct 2015 at 09:18 PM ----------

I have also found that some of my fluctuation in who I like is me discovering that some feeling are attractin like I never thought I was gay but the moment I started thinking about it the more and more I started to like girls but I figured out that this was just e discovering attracting before I considered these mrmal thoughts that everyone had or we we are just really good friends or I just realy wanna be her not be with her

7. crazydiamond

I thought I was bisexual at first, but after I thought about it and had a relationship with a woman I sort of realized that my relationships with men were not something that made me happy. I don't feel attracted to men the way I do to women.

8. BroHam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It definitely can change and change is good!

9. wanderinggirl

Sexual fluidity is totally a thing. I recommend "Sexual fluidity: understanding women's love and desire" by lisa diamond. She did a long-term survey of several queer women and found really interesting patterns in how they defined themselves over time.