1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm a lesbian, but...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Origamidragons, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Origamidragons

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi :slight_smile:

This thing is that I just started high school. All my friends seem to be talking about cute guys in our classes, but when I look at them I feel nothing. Like, I can't even appreciate their looks. When I see a couple, my eyes always go to the girl, and not the guy. I have any celebrity crushes on guys... I've had a total of one short-lived relationship with a guy, and it was only because I sort of felt I should be in one and not because I actually liked him.

But whenever I do research into it, I see people saying things like: "If you're young yet, it could be just a phase." Or: "Don't stress about figuring it out while your young."

So... I guess I just don't know.

2. Distant Echo

It's so easy for others to say that, and they have no idea how destructive it can be.
    If you are questioning, you are old enough to be starting to know who you are.
    Go with what you feel, not what others are telling you to feel.

3. Abcdflower

Abcdflower Guest

Your still extremely young, take your time in figuring it out! This doesn't mean you have to come out to anybody either. Just take time to figure yourself out, if you meet a girl you like go for it, if you meet a boy same goes
    You don't have to label yourself yet or ever if you don't want too
    Remember that sexuality is fluid and constantly changing!
    I'd say you like girls by the sounds of it though.

4. heyKittie

You are NOT too young to know who you are! I am 14 and I at least know I'm not straight, possibly at all. You MIGHT still be confused, but others can't tell you how you feel: they are not you. Its my personal opinion when I say that you sound like you are probably a lesbian. But only you can really know. And about nit stressing to figure it out now: take this advice. I used to be extremely stressed about what my sexual orientation is, but I went to a therapist and that's what she told me. And now I don't worry about it much, although I still really want to know what it is. Of course, you can't just stop worrying all of the sudden and I can't just tell you to do that. But I hope your situation gets better, and you can post on my wall if you ever want to talk. I think we can relate :slight_smile:

5. alli o

alli o Guest

You are NOT to yong do not let anyone tell you that you sound pretty gay to me and if that is what you want ot identify with then do it and ignor them

6. wanderinggirl

What I hate is that crushing on boys is encouraged, but knowing you're different is DISCOURAGED. Boo society.

Dude I wish I had the presence of mind to recognize those signs in myself and not listen to people who say "you're too young" because that kept me in the closet from when I was 9 til I was 24. But I knew when I was 9. "You're too young" is destructive. It reinforces heteronormativity.

You know yourself. If you feel you're different, then think about what that means for you, and not what other people tell you it means.

#6 wanderinggirl, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  7. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i wouldnt worry too much just be yourself, if you like girls then embrase it :slight_smile: as people have said you are only young so just explore your sexuatlity and see what you like

8. itsbrooklyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're definitely not too young to know, but if you're undecided just go with what feels right now and if it changes later it changes :slight_smile:

9. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    when I turned 16, my sexuality turned upside down and took its present form, approximately :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It happens to many people at some point in teens.

But it's no reason why you shouldn't identify as lesbian or anything if you feel it describes you. That you might have a different sexuality later doesn't mean your current one is invalid or that you can't identify as something. You might change how you identify later on , when and if your sexuality changes.