1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would a gay man have a relationship with a bi sexual man ?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jamie1975, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Jamie1975

Hi Guys

Not "out" yet as very much on the beginning of my journey and am still somewhat confused.

Have previously been hetro married for 8 years but am now divorced and am finding myself attracted to men as well as women. Yes the feelings are stronger toward men but I cant say that I sexually find women unattractive as that would be a lie. I would therefore consider myself as bi-sexual. Please feel to correct me if that is wrong.

What my question is relates to whether a gay (or even bi) man would enter into a relationship with me when I have these feelings or whether he would think I was just confused. For me it is more about being faithful to your partner and not having an affair rather than whether you are sexually attracted to the same or opposite sex ? I hope in time that I do meet someone with whom I want to spend the rest of my life with and am open to the thought of that either being a man or a woman. Only fate will tell with that.

Also is 40 years old too old to be wanting a lifetime relationship with someone new, on both a companionship, sexual and intellectual level? Not sure how to meet them though, as I have tried internet dating as a heterosexual man and not had much luck, mainly due to people rejecting me due to physical appearance (I am overweight)

Please feel free to reply back to me with your thoughts

Jamie
    xx

2. DinelodiiGitli

To answer your first question I assume many would but there's the occasional one who wouldn't.
    I would (though I'm not gay technically), there is no evidence suggesting bisexual people cheat more often than their heterosexual, homosexual or asexual counterparts.

And of course it's not too old. My Mom is in her late 40's and entered a happy relationship just a couple years ago. There's someone for everyone and everyone deserves the right to be happy.

#2 DinelodiiGitli, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  3. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm gay. I wouldn't mind dating a bisexual man.

4. Jamie1975

Well Stevefs, I will let you into a little secret. The more and more posts I read from you the more and more I am disappointed that we are in different countries !

5. Chicagoblue

I agree with the above sentiments. And, the fact that you're unattached, makes it all the easier for the gay men to start dating you.

6. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm gay and I won't mind being with a bisexual guy

7. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have known I liked both sexes since very young. 3 to 4 I knew. Been married twice with opposite sex. I have never been unfaithful to anyone. My first experiences were with guys but still felt attracted to women. I had attraction to guys during marriage with same sex but not unfaithful. For me a dear friend and forever companion is what I would love to have. Their gender wouldn't mean any difference to me.

8. baddech

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I speak for myself and only myself. Personally, as a gay man myself, I would date you casually but would end it before it got serious or not date you all. Only because the relationship would be strictly on your terms alone it would be about you because if your sexual attraction suddenly changed towards members of another sex, while I was falling deeply in love with you, I wouldn't have any choice but to go with it and that would leave me feeling wounded. And because I have felt that pain before I'll tell you nothing made me wish I was straight more than having my lover leave me for a female. But that's just me and only me. Hope this doesn't offend but I'm trying to be honest.

9. IrishJ

Jamie - I am somewhere on the playing field of not straight, 50, and could careless if you are bi as a possible partner. As far as your issue with weight, I do not care so much about your outside as much as I do your insides. - be well

10. GayPugs

My uncle is a complete jerk. He got married when he was 40 years old because he got a woman pregnant and they divorced. They only lasted, about, 1 or 2 years. This proves, anyone can get married at 40, even a someone like my uncle. You're never too old for dating, is what I say!

11. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know a lot of gay and bi guys that left their wives in their 40s, 50s, and 60s and had no problem in meeting a guy and having a long term relationship with them.
    Stop thinking your too old too overweight or whatever there is someone out there that would just love to meet you.

12. guitar

I have gay friends who strongly prefer to date bi guys.

13. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They're both men who are into men, so why not?

14. CameOutSwinging

I'm intrigued by this. Have your friends ever given a reason why they strongly prefer bi guys?

15. guitar

They're into manlier guys, and I believe their perception is bi guys tend to be more masculine. One friend particularly finds it hot knowing bi guys have been with women,even though my friend is 100% gay.

I personally don't have a "thing" for bi guys, but I have gone on a few dates with one. I think a lot of gay guys are receptive to dating bi guys.

16. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have any experience on the guys side, but lesbians can be very picky about their partner's sexual orientation. My girlfriend is the first girl I've dated and instead of just coming out completely and saying I am a lesbian, I stuck with saying I was bi for a while. Just because that seemed a little easier to tell people. My girlfriend was very hesitant about our relationship in the beginning because she's been in the situation of dating a bi girl and the girl finds that its too hard and just wants to "take the easy way out" and date guys. I know that she was very nervous about that happening with me as well because I identified as bi for a while. this may be a similar situation with guys as well.

17. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Theres a lot of prejudice towards bisexual people amongst fully or mostly gay people. What do these prejudiced gay people believe? They believe that you're confused and in denial no matter how certain you are that you're bisexual and they believe that you are sexually promiscuous. But they're idiots.

I have lived with my bisexual partner for 3+ years. I am gay.

18. baddech

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Taken mentioned that lesbians are picky about their partners orientation and I can see why. I wouldn't date a bi guy for different reasons than promiscuity or denial. I had a bi boyfriend and was fine with him having side chicks he only had 1 but it was fine. The 1 problem I have with dating bi men when it corresponds to me dating is the fact that one day he wanted to replace me with a female and did.

Congrats on having a bi bf for 3 years that's good for you. I hope it lasts forever. After being dumped by my bi ex, I would be paranoid if my next bf was bi and I would more likely sabotage the relationship as the years mounted. I just can't see it happening unless it was a no strings fwb. And these are my reasons.

#18 baddech, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  19. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You believe that all bisexuals need both male and female partners? That isn't true.
    You have judged ALL bisexuals on your one experience with one bisexual person... Thats just silly!

#19 Robert, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  20. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Question: if your ex were gay and cheated on you, would you be paranoid of all gay men? What if it were a she, a straight female? Would you grow wary of straight women in general?

You're totally free to choose who you'd like to date and fuck, but passing off hurtful stereotypes, you can see why bisexuals don't feel welcomed around even gay people, who *should* be more understanding and supportive, considering we're hurt by the same forces.

I also have to chuckle whenever a gay man stereotypes bisexual men as promiscuous. News flash: homophobes think gay men are all perverts, prostitutes, and pedophiles, and that's not to mention the whole HIV scare.