1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost A Year Later...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BookWriter1994, Oct 25, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

So in November, I believe around Thanksgiving? It will be a year since I had signed up to this forum.

When I had signed up, I was questioning myself whether if I am straight or not. This past year I have gone from Lesbian, Bisexual, Pansexual, Straight, Pansexual with a preference for males and just a no label.

TO be honest, I am still so confused! There are times when I think about maybe I could be in a relationship with a girl if it happens if the two of us clicked right away to UGH I cant imagine myself being with a girl that's so NOT Me! It goes back and forth.

I used to constantly think about my questioning all the time. It would run through my mind all day everyday and night when I am out and about, at work, hanging out with friends and every time I would see an attractive guy or girl.

And another thing, there are some times during this past week or so I question myself if I like this co-worker that I work with. Sometimes when we talk in the breakroom, my mind would be like OMG she is so cute too bad she's straight and other times it would be like hmm, maybe I do just see her as a friend after all?

I have no idea guys. So far I finally stopped constantly thinking about it now. Sometimes though when I do see an attractive male or female I would question myself whether who is more attractive.

However, the most confusing of all of this is that I STILL SEEK guys more than girls! Like, I am on two dating apps right now and I always seek guys more than girls and every once in a while I would switch my preference from male to female.

I mean, I still have no idea as to who I am yet and I know that I have plenty of time left(almost 22) but it would be nice to know who I really like you know? I am just tired of all of this confusion and headaches.

How do you guys do this? How do you know if you really like a guy or a girl or BOTH? Can I get some advice please?:help:

#1 BookWriter1994, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  2. littleraven

I could be wrong. To me, it seems like you are attracted to both guys and girls with a preference for guys. That's okay. :slight_smile:

Do you have sexual feelings for men and women, or just women? There's also the possibility that you are heterosexual and biromantic.

Take note of who you are attracted to sexually and romantically and remember to be honest with yourself. Remember that any result is okay.

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, and I think if you don't know right now, pushing yourself and over analyzing everything won't help. As with everything in life, if you start thinking about a possible attraction and picking at it, you'll lose the natural feeling you initially had/could have had. Your attractions are about what you innately feel, using your head won't help as much here unfortunately.

I used to get really stressed out thinking about it all too, and I still do but a bit less lately. I think I reached a point recently where I kind of looked at all my priorities and that was pretty much at the top of my list, even though, for now at least, it's kind of unnobtainable to me since I just haven't figured it out. Perhaps I'll mature more and find someone I really like someday. But that doesn't effect me right now, even if I want it to. You can't make yourself feel a certain way, I mean, trust me I've tried many times!:slight_smile:
    Some people are just late bloomers, I've seen some people on EC your age or older who first started feeling more attractions/having crushes.
    I think you just need to think about what's really important to you right now, and what will help you the most. Think about why you want to find out so bad right now and is that really important for your own well-being.
    My turning point with this came when I started asking myself those things and my life had gotten to a point where I'd let that take over and felt like a lot of other things in my life didn't matter or I couldn't reach my other goals. For you it may be this, or just thinking about it. So try your best not to overanalyze and just let yourself feel naturally. I know, easier said than done but just have faith that one day it will become clearer, you just have to wait and see and focus on your other priorities in the meantime.

Good luck!

4. littleraven