1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't tell anyone

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by uncertainteen, Oct 25, 2015.

1. uncertainteen

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a girl and have always liked boys, dated them, kissed them, and been happy with them. There's a girl in school, she likes girls but is transgender and likes to be referred to as a guy. Does that make me still straight to have a crush on her/him? I have a boyfriend I'm very happy with, so I wouldn't date this new crush, but I feel like I can't talk to anyone about this. I've never liked a girl before like this. I've thought girls are pretty, or their skin is soft, but I don't know if all girls think that. I'm freaking out, this isn't my identity, I don't know what to do or how to feel. Advice, support, please? I'm feeling very alone.

2. Abcdflower

Abcdflower Guest

Technically considering she is a transgender male you would still be straight having liked her as she represents herself as a male.
    You seem quite young too so don't worry yourself.
    Just because you like a transgender male doesn't mean you like girls.
    If you are scared you might think about whether you have ever fantasised about being with one, whether you can see yourself in a relationship with one and so on.
    If this however frightens you don't think about it too much.
    Invest your time in your current relationship and time will tell.
    It's perfectly normal and fine to have a crush on a transgender male, you refer to him as a male so therefore you have developed a straight crush!

3. uncertainteen

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for the advice! The thing is, though, I liked him before he told me he was transgender, and I just thought he was a lesbian girl. What could that mean for me?

4. Abcdflower

Abcdflower Guest

Think to yourself whether you have ever thought about girls in a sexual way, perhaps this is a one off crush. Some girls are bi-curious and mess around only to find they actually prefer men and cannot see themselves being emotionally invested with a woman.
    Don't stress or worry too much. If you find you develop crushes for more women you might just be bi-sexual. Only you can tell though. There's no rush.

5. wanderinggirl

it's possible that you're attracted to him because he embodies masculinity but as of yet has not undergone the physical changes associated with ftm transition, and so physically is feminine. It's possible that you're attracted to masculinity of any type, regardless of the gender of the person; or that you would prefer him pretransition in which case maybe you like masculine AFAB people. There are other possibilities here as well. But liking him doesn't necessarily mean anything about sexuality, as sexuality is a pattern of behavior over time.